Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HEATING QUESTION

T

Tink

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
When frost is due and the van is parked at home with hook up on, is it better to run the auxiliary heater on 1 overnight to protect the water system or run a small oil radiator? We get a lot of frosts and wondered which is best.

I think that the answer to that depends entirely on personal circumstances.

When my van is staying still in frosty weather I have a couple of choices. Drain everything down or keep it heated, then with keeping it heated another question, with what?

Drain everything down does not suit my lifestyle. I want the van ready to go and I am dreadfully lazy so do not want the faffing around of the drain-fill cycle.

Therefore I heat it.

I prefer to use the auxiliary heater. Firstly so that at least I know it works, and I also feel it is a bit of equipment that benefits from regular use. Secondly it is instantly on tap, I an not lugging various heaters around. Thirdly I feel it is quite economical.

I think that the answer to that depends entirely on personal circumstances.

When my van is staying still in frosty weather I have a couple of choices. Drain everything down or keep it heated, then with keeping it heated another question, with what?

Drain everything down does not suit my lifestyle. I want the van ready to go and I am dreadfully lazy so do not want the faffing around of the drain-fill cycle.

Therefore I heat it.

I prefer to use the auxiliary heater. Firstly so that at least I know it works, and I also feel it is a bit of equipment that benefits from regular use. Secondly it is instantly on tap, I an not lugging various heaters around. Thirdly I feel it is quite economical.
Many thanks for your reply. I'll take that road being a tad on the lazy side myself. It will stop the wine from freezing too!