Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height of cali with bikes on the VW T6 bike rack

C

Camper Mouse

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Starting to panic over my holiday plans. I have booked a ferry to Jersey as a campervan so max length is ok at 6.5m and max height is 2.25m. Didn't really think about the height when I was booking as was thinking "that's fine I know I'm under 2m". Just realised that the bikes will take me over the limit........

I found a thread on here a few days ago that was full of tips such as lowering handlebars, removing front wheels and also had a couple of photos. I can't seem to find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Starting to panic over my holiday plans. I have booked a ferry to Jersey as a campervan so max length is ok at 6.5m and max height is 2.25m. Didn't really think about the height when I was booking as was thinking "that's fine I know I'm under 2m". Just realised that the bikes will take me over the limit........

I found a thread on here a few days ago that was full of tips such as lowering handlebars, removing front wheels and also had a couple of photos. I can't seem to find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction?
How many bikes?
Could you take off front wheels and stick the bikes in the van for the crossing?
Lay them on the bed?

3 adult bikes. Might have to put them inside as a last resort

I´m sure you´ll be okay, they will just guide you towards the
higher loading bays.
Unless the ferry to jersey is a tiny one.

What´s the worst that can happen ?
You remove your bikes.

:thanks Thanks all. I've had a practice, lowered seat posts and saddles and front wheels off and put in van and we will easily be under 2.25m

:thanks Thanks all. I've had a practice, lowered seat posts and saddles and front wheels off and put in van and we will easily be under 2.25m
Hi how did you fix the forks to the rack after taking wheels off ?

Sorry should have updated sooner, been too busy holidaying!

Forks were just sort of resting on the rails (we're not precious about our bikes or the rack) and then we secured with ratchet straps.

As it turned out the only height issue was at the check in!

Back