Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! 12v sockets in roof and next to sink not working

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Sorry if this had posted before. Couldn't find anything in a search.

I have a 12v USB adapter that isn't working in the socket in the roof or by the sink. It works next to my bench seat and on the dash.

Does this mean a fuse(s) have blown? If yes which should I replace please. The manual doesn't help me.

I'm currently in Grado, Italy and its 35'C and I'd like to rig up a fan in the roof for my kids tonight.

Thanks

Spin the passenger seat around push it right back and you can then see the fuses, the 3 or 4 blue 15A fuses together at the end are the 12V sockets.
T6_Ocean_Fuses.png

Last edited:
There is a June 2016 fuse diagram in the downloads section.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/fuse-box-layout-edition-2016.47/

You need to be VIP to access. Are you?

It just says Transporter. Not sure if it applies to T6 or to California.
Quick look indicates this applies to all models as it refers to 'with camping equipment' and the fuse locations seem to make sense as per my T6. There are several fuses relating to 12V sockets - not sure which apply but worth starting with those that are 'camping equipment only'

Spin the passenger seat around push it right back and you can then see the fuses, the 3 or 4 blue 15A fuses together at the end are the 12V sockets.
View attachment 23819
That's sorted it!! Thank you :thumb

Once again the forum comes to the rescue!!

Same fused blow again today whilst on Med. Could it be heat related? Using a USB adapter to power a little fan but it had already blown before plugging it in. Socket was working before leaving the UK ?! Had spare fuse so ok though.

Same fused blow again today whilst on Med. Could it be heat related? Using a USB adapter to power a little fan but it had already blown before plugging it in. Socket was working before leaving the UK ?! Had spare fuse so ok though.
Unlikely that the heat would make that much difference. Are you sure that the USB adaptor and fan are not blowing the fuse when you plug them in?

Unlikely that the heat would make that much difference. Are you sure that the USB adaptor and fan are not blowing the fuse when you plug them in?
I tried the socket and the fan before leaving home and they worked. Changed the fuse and both 12v sockets are working fine again and running the fan. As far as I know it’s only the roof 12 socket and the kitchen one running from that fuse. Most odd. But then odd things happen when I take my van South such as CarPlay suddenly stops working after driving 300 miles. I think the van wanted to listen to Europop on the radio for a change!!

Cheap 12v usb chargers can be badly made & blow fuses.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried the socket and the fan before leaving home and they worked. Changed the fuse and both 12v sockets are working fine again and running the fan. As far as I know it’s only the roof 12 socket and the kitchen one running from that fuse. Most odd. But then odd things happen when I take my van South such as CarPlay suddenly stops working after driving 300 miles. I think the van wanted to listen to Europop on the radio for a change!!
Very strange that both sockets are running off 1 Fuse.

Hi.
Thanks! I just got the right fuse immediately. But isnt it strange? A 15a fuse, but the 12v plug sais "max 20a".
I'll get myself a 20a fuse for that.