Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP! Bluetooth conundrum

Hi all,

Just about to choose between 2 cali's, both have RNS510 one with bluetooth premium and one without.

Is it a really easy retrofit? Hazzydayz seem to think its straightforward enough but I have a few issues with my earlier vw which causes me a bit of hesitancy.

A whole host of other options have been suggested like nsv and others by the daler but I am not convincer

For some reason the Cali with out Bluetooth is a fair bit cheaper too...

All help would be greatly appreciated....

Wouldn't mind placing my order tomorrow if I can!

M

Are they otherwise identical?
Shouldn't wait too long or they might sell both. Don't suffer with spec paralysis!

Bluetooth is an easy retrofit, can be done at home if you have the patience and access to VCDS. Hazzy Dayz are also very good.

Bluetooth premium normally comes with extra bits beyond the actual Bluetooth. Not sure on the Cali but on the 'Velle for example it includes colour DIS.

Cali different I think but may be worth checking what the package is. That maybe why the other Cali may be cheaper.

James

I installed bluetooth DIY, and it is pretty simple - no cutting of wires, the hardest part is routing the cable for the microphone.

Search on this forum there is a handy part number to fit the microphone in front of the interior lights so it looks like a factory fit (there other option is to cut the head lining - which scared me :) )

VCDS config is also pretty simple - quite a few people on here have it.

FYI - my bluetooth unit was second hand and cost £150 from ebay - I have the 7P6035730L which does all the stuff that I need - plays music from the phone and all the fancy remote SIM stuff.

T

We're in exactly the same boat and are trying to find out the difference between the two. Can you let me know what you opted for? Thanks.