Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Concertina roof cover totally stuck!

P

Pattacat

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are parked up ready to set up but the roof cover is totally stuck. Will only open a couple of inches. Any ideas welcome please!

I posted this in the problem section too but probably only applies to beaches as no electric roof to help. Our concertina cover is totally jammed and we can’t get to the roof clips to open it and free up whatever it’s stuck on. Any ideas please! Thanks

All safety catches off, the roof clips fully disengaged? Should just need a good shove to get it moving.

All safety catches off, the roof clips fully disengaged? Should just need a good shove to get it moving.
It’s stuck shut. We can’t get to open the roof!

Ah, gotcha. Sometimes the safety clips get caught in the slider as I’m closing it, maybe that’s what is stopping yours?

Think you need to clarify exactly what’s stuck.....
Are you talking about the sliding hatch? Or the lifting roof (pop top)?

I am guessing that you have got the fabric of the bellows caught in the groove that the sliding covers moves along or the safety clips are jamming it. I would give it a good heave forwards and back to try and free it. There is no other way to remove it as far as I know.

I really don’t know... went back and tried again and it was fine!

Mine got stuck a few weeks back, I think the new zip out front adds a lot of bulk to the space. This is one time the electric roof came good. I just popped the roof up a couple of inches and it released itself from whatever was catching it. Been ok since.

I have had the hatch cover well jammed by the fabric loop handle in the centre going back into the box which the hatch cover rests in when open. Only released by 30 min of jiggling the cover back and forward. Now I wind the fabric loop handle round the metal handle on the roof- no problem since.

I had similar in the past in our T5 and I found one of the slats had moved slightly and was jamming?

Tom

I had similar in the past in our T5 and I found one of the slats had moved slightly and was jamming?

Tom
My slider used to jam/stick really hard when opening and closing and I could see scored scratches in the runners. Decided to liberally spray with silicone spray you wouldn’t believe how easily it opens and closes now.

We are parked up ready to set up but the roof cover is totally stuck. Will only open a couple of inches. Any ideas welcome please!
How did you get it to open , ours has got stuck today

Brute force and ignorance... after 2 hours of being gentle my husband lost patience and thumped it. Loosened the grip the lockdown clips had on it and all was well.....

Ps. Good luck!

Brute force and ignorance... after 2 hours of being gentle my husband lost patience and thumped it. Loosened the grip the lockdown clips had on it and all was well.....

Ps. Good luck!
Ok thanks , will give it ago tomorrow, just didn’t want to force it too much and break it , but will try a bit more force