Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help. Fridge will not switch on

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
hi. We are away at the moment and our fridge has stopped working . Press the button and the orange fridge light will briefly come on but the fridge will not start and after 5 seconds fridge light will go off . It was working earlier today but stopped some time this afternoon.

We are away at the moment and it is hot. Spent one night without hook up last night so not sure if that has anything to do with it . Have had van on hook up for last 3 hours thinking it was a battery issues but fridge will still not start . I did notice that the fridge was off a couple of days ago when we stopped for lunch one day - we thought it was just the kids pressing buttons but wondering if it was the same symptom

Have tried resetting control panel by pressing bottom right button but just doesn’t reset just tells me roof is up . Woke kids up and put roof down and control panel will still not reset by press holding bottom right button. Have tried starting engine but that not helping either . Other than getting into the van and driving for a bit hoping everything will clear any other ideas of what we can do?

Not in uk so taking it to VW not an easy option either. Going to be 31c tomorrow and would like a fridge for the rest of our holiday .

Thank you in advance !

Yes - should I look somewhere else ?
It's just not always the most accurate, some people go off the voltage...
Where there any other clues on the threads above? Sorry, we're now travelling with intermittent internet...

Thank you for your help

Am pretty sure leisure battery charged . Was 12.v 30% before hook up. Now 13.3v 100% and there are minimal amps as I think stopped it’s atopped charging

We thought it might be the heat and the leisure battery from another post but we have now charged battery and the compressor cooled down last night and sadly that doesn’t seem to fix it .

Van is still in warranty but was hoping we might be able to resolve as we are a long way from home, it is hot and we like a cold beer on our hols

Thank you for trying

I would consider buying a waeco coolfreeze compressor cool box which does the same job then selling it once your back in the UK. Chasing a fix in France is likely to be frustrating and unfruitful.

I would consider buying a waeco coolfreeze compressor cool box which does the same job then selling it once your back in the UK. Chasing a fix in France is likely to be frustrating and unfruitful.
Yes that´s what i would do too Legin although i would keep it.:)
I´m thinking of getting one as i´ve found that when it´s extremely hot
the fridge in the Cali ain´t big enough.

Yes that´s what i would do too Legin although i would keep it.:)
I´m thinking of getting one as i´ve found that when it´s extremely hot
the fridge in the Cali ain´t big enough.

Yeah i always have one and will take it with me in the cali and use as freezer. Its then available for standby fridge duty