Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help I cant decide.

Or wait for the T7?
It will have everything the T6.1 has +?
My understanding is that the T7 is not a T6 replacement and will be sold alongside as a van sized between the T6 and the Caddy. The mules have certainly looked that way.

My top-spec (by which I mean lots of silly chrome, leather seats and tinted windows, which I didn't ask for!) 175 psd auto is now 12 years old, and I'm told I could now sell it for more than I paid for it all those years ago. But I just can't! Apart from changing the radio/music system to something a bit more modern and including virtually-unused satnav (only because the original radio packed up), I just love what you would now think of as "basic". Never been any trouble, and any disadvantages are just part of the fun. I know a newer replacement would improve a few things, but as I only use it for camping (isn't camping meant to be a bit primitive?) and taking my gear to gigs and sleeping over; I can't think of any reason to change it. Drives beautifully and looks gorgeous (still)!IMG_0291.jpeg

We currently have a T5.1 SE 140 bought as a pregistered van nearly six years ago & just can’t decide whether to replace it with a new one.
I normally only keep cars for about a year or so before I get bored the van staying this long shows how much I like it.
However circumstances have changed, my mileage, split between this and a fun car has suddenly dropped from 20+k a in the last year Im down to about 6k & I’m thinking get a new van & ditch The car.

The pros.
I want LED lights
The reclining bed is brilliant, not just to sit on, it improves access to the boot enormously
Internal lighting improvements
Love the digital dash
Dodgy knee means an auto would be a good idea
Long warranty

The Cons
Add blue, regenerations etc
I have no roof corrosion so I might be buying a problem that I’ve previously avoided.
Quickly escalating price - 4 motion is only £3k more so might as well get that. (Only need 4 seats these days)
I love the two tone - green & white - only a bargain £2850 extra
Choice of new wheels is poor so would probably end up with a set of the disc wheels - there’s another £2500!
I don’t want ACC I only want normal cruise but unavailable
I don’t know why it upsets me so much but the door trims on the 6.1 look like a huge backward step - They’ve got the proper builders van look in plain plastic.
The dark seats & cabinets make the whole interior look very very dark.
Current van had the high level brake light fall out a couple of times, other than that & a couple of headlamp bulbs it’s had no faults - what’s the chances of getting another one as reliable.
You are thinking too small, if you are going to change dive in big ! Get the Grand..Lol.

Traded in a 8m long big white to get the cali 6 years ago, no way am i going bigger.
Hi Andy, it's personnel choice at the end of the day, if you are looking to travel far ad wide away from our green and pleasant land then I would opt for a newer vehicle for peace of mind travelling but if you are using your van on our shores I would spend some cash on your current Cali to bring certain areas up to the standard you want and stick with what you know and keep the car especially if its one where the roof comes down.. Just my 2 pence worth.

Went to veiw my 6.1 at the dealers and after owning all models I think a lot has changed.
The top bed
Rear downstairs bed reclining
Seat pockets in the back of the front seats useful
Cupboard doors at the back open for better access
Cupboard doors are better in my opinion
Sliding side door closes so much quieter and smoother.
Digital Dashboard looks nicer (on the fence)
Darker grey trim I like
Rear aircon controls totally changed
Sliding windows totally changed
Canvas darker more black out better my opinion hated the t6 tracing paper one....
I prefer the door panels of the 6.1 my old t6 was material so if you had mucky hands they marked easier .
Side assist
Parks it’s self
A lot of standard features included
The front is growing on me
Many things I like some things I’m getting used too but very happy there’s a lot of change
Even the keys are different

AF22D4DF-775E-4B75-8FB5-435FEC093815.jpeg

I like the little mohican at the front. Sweet.

Good to hear the poptop canvas has been improved. The tracing paper quote, is spot on :)

Interested to hear how the sliding window design has changed...?

Good to hear the poptop canvas has been improved. The tracing paper quote, is spot on :)

Interested to hear how the sliding window design has changed...?
The whole inside latching system is different definitely less fiddly looks well made
The canvas is really dark to get the Same blackout on the t6 you had to spec the dark blue canvas at around £500.... this new canvas is also darker in colour and possibly material so I think it looks and works a whole lot better

Went to veiw my 6.1 at the dealers and after owning all models I think a lot has changed.
The top bed
Rear downstairs bed reclining
Seat pockets in the back of the front seats useful
Cupboard doors at the back open for better access
Cupboard doors are better in my opinion
Sliding side door closes so much quieter and smoother.
Digital Dashboard looks nicer (on the fence)
Darker grey trim I like
Rear aircon controls totally changed
Sliding windows totally changed
Canvas darker more black out better my opinion hated the t6 tracing paper one....
I prefer the door panels of the 6.1 my old t6 was material so if you had mucky hands they marked easier .
Side assist
Parks it’s self
A lot of standard features included
The front is growing on me
Many things I like some things I’m getting used too but very happy there’s a lot of change
Even the keys are different

View attachment 55624
I hate myself but I think the front is growing on me!!!!! but it may just look better in white.

Back