Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help needed

Ok. Does anything happen if you Press and Hold the R lower button and then Press the Control Button for 5 seconds. Do you get to the hidden VW menu?
No it's just a flashing clock still

I think when you plug the control panel back in it needs to be in the correct sequence or else it will screw up the control panel?
Small first then middle one then large that's how I did it

No it's just a flashing clock still
I'm sorry but I've run out of ideas. I think maybe the Control Panel may have failed and might have to be replaced.
You will have to strap the roof down, either with the Official California roof straps, or a rope or strap across the front of the Elevating Section tied to the Grab Handles . This is to stop the roof being blown/sucked open when driving. Speed should be kept down and windows closed when travelling. Unfortunately this is an expensive part from VW, although there is a firm in the Netherlands that some members have used to get their units repaired. Verotronics.

I'm sorry but I've run out of ideas. I think maybe the Control Panel may have failed and might have to be replaced.
You will have to strap the roof down, either with the Official California roof straps, or a rope or strap across the front of the Elevating Section tied to the Grab Handles . This is to stop the roof being blown/sucked open when driving. Speed should be kept down and windows closed when travelling. Unfortunately this is an expensive part from VW, although there is a firm in the Netherlands that some members have used to get their units repaired. Verotronics.
How much am I looking at?going away next Saturday or supposed to be

It was still controlling auxiliary heating and fridge before I unplugged it
Only VW will be able to check it out. I don't know if it shows up on the VW Diagnostic Computer, but unless it is something simple like re-coding via the VW Diagnostic software they will just offer a replacement. They don't repair I'm afraid.

I presume that a control panel to lower the roof is not a high top despite what the avatar says :)

Well it probably will not show locked as you lowered manually. The roof needs to be strapped down, why they issue the emergency strap-down kit that you should have. Your best hope is getting it to a dealer who can sort out the hydraulics to lower it and the electronics to lock it. If it is lowered flush to the surrounding panels try anything to place a band around it, gutter to gutter (or is that awning rail to awning rail), then limp along to your nearest vw tech shop.

Well it probably will not show locked as you lowered manually. The roof needs to be strapped down, why they issue the emergency strap-down kit that you should have. Your best hope is getting it to a dealer who can sort out the hydraulics to lower it and the electronics to lock it. If it is lowered flush to the surrounding panels try anything to place a band around it, gutter to gutter (or is that awning rail to awning rail), then limp along to your nearest vw tech shop.
I will do stressed out with it now starting to regret buying it

Just to update and put this to bed....i put my van into VW for diagnostics,they've now said it is a faulty control panel £755 after vat plus the diagnostics £120 and £45 to fit panel,I know it's easy to fit but the work and parts come with 2 year warranty so there it is thanks to all who tried to help

Back