Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help rear seat is jammed down

Popped to breeze in totton today, they had a quick look and no joy so it's nothing silly.
It has to go in for surgery I'm afraid.

Thanks for all your help, will keep you posted.

That's def going to be a expensive week away wild camping in north Wales.
First I get a puncher in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal!
Tried changing wheel myself and found out I've got 17mm studs on the front and 19mm on the back and only a 19mm wrench! Front puncher (Not forgetting it was pissing down).

By the way green flag break down and Susie (the person phone I used to call them) both amazing. Oh and national tyres in Caernarfon all life savers.

I guess you have to have the crap days or amazing days wouldn't exist as everything would just be boring and ok.
What was the outcome,I have the same problem. Thx

What was the outcome,I have the same problem. Thx
Hi
Wow forgot about all that, few years ago now.
There’s a cable in the back of the seat which had broke.
VW removed rear bench seat and had it for a while, ordered new parts etc. Think it cost about £450
You maybe lucky and just have it jammed, anything in drawer?

Hi
Wow forgot about all that, few years ago now.
There’s a cable in the back of the seat which had broke.
VW removed rear bench seat and had it for a while, ordered new parts etc. Think it cost about £450
You maybe lucky and just have it jammed, anything in drawer?
Thanks for the response, will give it one more try before setting off to the dealer

Hi. Meant to post something here last year but just didn’t get round to it.
Our bench seat got stuck in the flat position. Looked on the forum here for any advice and did everything that people suggested, like kneeling on the seat and then pulling on the cable, jumping up and down on it etc but all to no avail. We were in Spain at the time and it didn’t really hinder us. Our dog thought that it was great, because she had a much bigger area to stretch out on whilst travelling.

On arrival back home(in France), we booked it into our local VW dealer. They couldn’t move it back up into the upright position either. They contacted VW in Germany for advice, who then put them in touch with the company that actually made/makes the rear bench seat. Ours is a 2007 Cali and fortunately they still make them and were able to tell our garage what to do. It took four of them to lift it out because apparently it weighs 120kg(if I remember correctly) and they had to be very careful with the floor rails. They were given instructions on how to get inside the seat to find out what the problem was. The problem was that the cable had snapped, so our garage was able to order the necessary parts and fix the seat!

All this took a few weeks, as it was the end of August when people were away on holiday or garages/departments were closed etc. When we finally got our Cali back we noticed how smooth it was to lower the upright. The cable had obviously been wearing for a number of years. It was however a rather expensive job.

I’ve just taken delivery of my Cali Beach after about an 8 month wait (Australia). I followed all the instructions for putting down the bench seat (three person) but could not get it to back up again this morning after my trial camp out in the driveway! Looked at all the possibilities for the “jamming” and found the centre seat belt, on the right hand (as I face the rear) side was lying over the top of the “toothed” mechanism near its base mount. It appears to me that the belt has been installed on the wrong (left) side of the elastic-panel. If I physically pull the seat belt across to the right at its mount to the vehicle, I can raise the seat but as soon as I lower the seat again, the seat belt crosses the teeth. There are now a few small chew marks on the seat belt! Can someone check my photo please and tell me if their Cali is the same or if the belt feeds from the right side?