andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Some months back I bought the following on eBay:

6.5 " Car Radio RCD330 GPS CarPlay 280 187B BT For Golf 5 6 Passat Tiguan Polo

I checked with the seller that it would fit our van A 2015 model T5.1 SE

Having tried at the weekend to fit it, its apparent that apart from the speaker connections the wiring is not the same.

I attach a couple of photos of the connections & unit wiring diagrams, & would like to know if this unit will ever work.

Im ok with a soldering iron, but more concerned about any effect on the va. (i could rewire a triumph stag with my eyes shut, but mention things like Canbus & I get worried about the consequences)

IMG_0795.jpgIMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0794.jpgIMG_0796.jpgIMG_0799.jpg

Andy you would need a conversion cable
Not sure where you are
Try “Satnav systems” chertsey they will be able to advise if you give the. Your vin and the code off the Rcd330

I fitted and RN510 unit to my 5.1 and it was plug and play, I searched on line to ID the correct units and version.
You may be able to do the same for the RCD330

Good luck

Does the quad lock shown in your photo (currently fitted to your vehicle) have a connector inside the dash ? Connecting it to the vehicle loom ?

Incidentally, what do the reversing cameras look like? Do you get a polo when you reverse?

Does the quad lock shown in your photo (currently fitted to your vehicle) have a connector inside the dash ? Connecting it to the vehicle loom ?
Finally got round to fitting this, found the correct adapter in the bottom of the box under the packing material.

Playing Spotify or using Music is fine,

radio is ok but not used it long distance so retuning as frequency changes has not been an issue yet.
Google maps works fine.
Phone integration is fine
Steering wheel controls all ok

Display for reversing sensors all work fine.

All works perfectly when plugging phone in via cable.

if phone ( IPhone X ) just paired via Bluetooth it’s only the sat nag that you loose. As long as Spotify or Music has been started on the phone First using the head unit to control the track selection etc is fine.

am now tempted to push the boat out and spend £37 for the matching rear view camera.

mine cost £155 + £5 for an Arials adapter

Back