Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New - RCD330 Carplay

hi are the rcd330 a straight fit in a t6 or do i need a quadlock adapter

hi are the rcd330 a straight fit in a t6 or do i need a quadlock adapter
Discussions have related to T5s so far. I think the T6 electronic trickery has been taken to a whole new level.
Its not a definate no, but double check any ‘yes’s you get.

Another thread resurrection on this subject!
I’m still going round in circles on this topic but with our preferred radio station no longer available on FM the need for DAB has become more pressing in both our vehicles. As such I discovered another option from Auto Dab;

http://www.autodab.com/SMARTDAB-FM.aspx

Uses a Bluetooth connection from phone to tuner and then by aux input (or FM) to radio. Normally around £80, there is one on eBay for £35 at the moment. Creates a whole new set of potential downsides but at that price it may be worth a go.

Another thread resurrection on this subject!
I’m still going round in circles on this topic but with our preferred radio station no longer available on FM the need for DAB has become more pressing in both our vehicles. As such I discovered another option from Auto Dab;

http://www.autodab.com/SMARTDAB-FM.aspx

Uses a Bluetooth connection from phone to tuner and then by aux input (or FM) to radio. Normally around £80, there is one on eBay for £35 at the moment. Creates a whole new set of potential downsides but at that price it may be worth a go.
That looks similar tech to the 'radioplayer car' I tried in a T5 Cali. It was very poor and I had them remove it and got a full refund.
So there may be value in buying / trying one where you have a refund option, vs savings a few £ on a non returnable one.

Can anyone advise where to buy at best price - there was mention of £150 on eBay, but can only see these at £230+ now. Noname’ones all from same supplier - states Belgium, but parent company China - new other, removed from new cars in China. Vagtec still have them but at £321 although strangely state with a glovebox CD player. Not sure that is correct so will contact.
Also any thoughts on Kenwood DNX 516? New through eBay at £689, now that later 518 launched.

Hi, I’m interested in changing my stereo for one of the RCD330’s as a previous poster has asked, does anyone know if it’s possible to route a usb cable into the glovebox from the unit? It would be good to get my phone out of the way and on charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to plug your phone into the front to get carplay it charges at the same time

You need to plug your phone into the front to get carplay it charges at the same time

Hi, thanks. Yeah I know the USB connector is on the front but was wondering if a USB cable could be taken from the back of it and routed into the glovebox so I could move the phone out of the way and store it in the glovebox.

Hi, thanks. Yeah I know the USB connector is on the front but was wondering if a USB cable could be taken from the back of it and routed into the glovebox so I could move the phone out of the way and store it in the glovebox.

cant remember exactly where but its been done on the t6forum.com

Small display. Doesn't fit my Multivan dashboard (square, clicked in). Android Auto doesn't work in Belgium, so no navigation.

Does it have an SD-card slot?

Will stay with my rubbish Chinese Android Multi Media System at the moment.

Fitted the Desay version last week. Has anyone found a decent app which allows maps through Mirrorlink via Samsung carmode?

I’ve just bought a RCD330 from an eBay seller with included adapters for the aerial and reversing camera. It was to replace a factory fit RNS510 with reversing camera in our T5.

Sadly the aerial adapter lead didn’t fit properly but works ok.

The big issue is the RVC lead with an RCA plug didn’t match the 26 pin plug in the factory fit loom :(

Has anyone found an adapter for the factory fit camera plug so it can plug into the RCD 330?

I’m waiting to hear back from the eBay seller but thought it worth asking here.

2184E16C-EA49-4E24-B345-F529516B85EF.jpeg

BF9CB543-3DED-4E00-BAFA-2DD683A00597.jpeg

I think I may have found what I need. The RCD330 appears to have leads made to accept an RCA feed and there’s an adapter to convert the OEM camera feed to an RCA output.

This doesn’t seem logical to me but I’ve still not found an OEM camera lead to RCD blueplug adapter....

RCD330 Kit.jpgRCD330 Kit.jpgRCD330 Kit.jpgRCD330 Kit.jpg
I got mine from Travelinlite, might be worth giving them a call they may be able to help.

Nice job, I have a similar rearview camera, but like yours, I can't see my bumper. I think I will buy another one with adjustable lens so I can see my bumper and towhook. Now I have a white tab glued to my radio so I know where my towhook center is. the towhook is just out of sight.

Found a few different adapters. Appears that to get a camera signal into the RCD330 you need to use the RCA lead. So the 26pun plug that goes into the RNS510 has to be converted to RCA.

Bought one these:

Hi all, thinking of going the RCD330 route as currently stuck with a RCD310. I've a couple of questions, to those who've done it, apologies if they've been asked before or are a bit dumb:
1) which RCD330 to buy - on eBay there seem to be "noname", "desay", "dokiauto", and various sellers in China, Belgium, Lithuania, also it looks like there were slightly different models with different button configs and frame shape. Is there "one to go for" for a T5.1?
2) is the only way to connect phone via the front USB plug? Will an iPhone bluetooth to it? Will multiple iPhones bluetooth to it simultaneously (e.g. so one can run the maps and one the Spotify playlist?)
3) when using CarPlay, does that mean I can use Google maps from the phone and it just appears on the RCD330 screen? Or is it tied to Apple Maps?
4) ditto for Spotify? Sorry if dumb questions but not familiar with CarPlay (never had a car posh enough to have it!)
4) if I later want to fit a reversing camera, is that possible? I think I saw one of the listings that said "tell us if you want to and we can sell you the camera and code the RCD330 before we send it to you"
5) did anybody successfully add an external DAB device living in the glovebox via the Aux port?
Sorry that's more than a couple!

Mine is the Desay (Apple Carplay version) I ordered mine from Travelinlite. TBH I should of ordered the noname from ebay as it's for Andriod.

My son has an iphone so we just use his phone when we travel, I believe the maps are TomTom.

The images I posted in post #68 are from Travelinlite's website. I have not fitted the camera either, I may add it at a later date.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Calimeup, that's still very useful so thanks for posting. You mentioned you use your son's iPhone but the maps are TomTom, does that mean you have the TomTom iPhone app? Does anybody know if Google maps can be used via Apple CarPlay?

Hi all, thinking of going the RCD330 route as currently stuck with a RCD310. I've a couple of questions, to those who've done it, apologies if they've been asked before or are a bit dumb:
1) which RCD330 to buy - on eBay there seem to be "noname", "desay", "dokiauto", and various sellers in China, Belgium, Lithuania, also it looks like there were slightly different models with different button configs and frame shape. Is there "one to go for" for a T5.1?
2) is the only way to connect phone via the front USB plug? Will an iPhone bluetooth to it? Will multiple iPhones bluetooth to it simultaneously (e.g. so one can run the maps and one the Spotify playlist?)
3) when using CarPlay, does that mean I can use Google maps from the phone and it just appears on the RCD330 screen? Or is it tied to Apple Maps?
4) ditto for Spotify? Sorry if dumb questions but not familiar with CarPlay (never had a car posh enough to have it!)
4) if I later want to fit a reversing camera, is that possible? I think I saw one of the listings that said "tell us if you want to and we can sell you the camera and code the RCD330 before we send it to you"
5) did anybody successfully add an external DAB device living in the glovebox via the Aux port?
Sorry that's more than a couple!

1.This is the one I've fitted eBay item 233309069564 from Eodaworld.
2. Using bluetooth connection , spotify still works but you need to start it on the phone first, then steering wheel/ head unit can change tracks, albums etc.
I think if something is connected via usb it over rides the bluetooth connection so you cant use both at the same time.
3. not tied to any particular maps - ive got waze , maps and google maps all working fine on a iPhone x
4. yep run spotify at the same time & can do split screen to show music & maps at same time
4. I think the camera is only a few quid extra - worth getting if you want it - if only because it will give you a set of connector cables to suit. I have the F+R sensors - that screen comes up when putting van into reverse etc & says camera not available, then shows the sensor graphics.
5. not tried.

Back