Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help to identify my Westfalia California model

Don't they use barn door vans instead of hatch?

Hi Chaps,

What's the general opinion on genuine CMC Hythe Reimo conversions.
Is the question related to the blue metallic Caravelle / Multivan Conversion on ebay?

If it is, I noticed it only has the low units (no wardrobe area) and more importantly, where you would have expected the Reimo Variotech sliding seat, it looks like a cheaper (fixed) rock n roll bed. It doesn't have the roof bed fitted (£500, still available).

The Reimo ones do tend to be RHD.

I'm sure it has happened Sidepod, but most of theirs seem to be tailgate. They tend to use proper camperspec vehicles for their own conversions, but I'm sure will work with anything you take along.

Is the question related to the blue metallic Caravelle / Multivan Conversion on ebay?

If it is, I noticed it only has the low units (no wardrobe area) and more importantly, where you would have expected the Reimo Variotech sliding seat, it looks like a cheaper (fixed) rock n roll bed. It doesn't have the roof bed fitted (£500, still available).

The Reimo ones do tend to be RHD.

I'm sure it has happened Sidepod, but most of theirs seem to be tailgate. They tend to use proper camperspec vehicles for their own conversions, but I'm sure will work with anything you take along.

Hi T4 yes that's the one looks really clean and I though the same thing about the rock and roll bed. To be honest it's getting close to 2003 red-I TDI Freestyle money (19-21K)?. I didn't realise it didn't have the pop top bed as my five year old son wants to sleep in that.

Last edited:

Tried to PM you my email but wont allow me to start a conversation with you.

I didn't realise it didn't have the pop top bed as my five year old son wants to sleep in that.
Yeah it's got the roof which is the important thing. The roof bed (just hinged planks and the mattress) was an option for those that only wanted the extra standing room. I had to add one to an old camper of mine.

Tried to PM you my email but wont allow me to start a conversation with you.
I had a similar issue at the w/e, so I have just flagged this issue up to the mods, who I am sure will take appropriate action....

Note to mods - I'm happy for you to pass on my email address to lloydfred.

I'll get my act together and get the van on the for sale section this weekend.

sidepod are you here

STILL LOOKING FOR A VAN!

Mine is on eBay at the moment.

Saw yours on the sales pages, I've upped my budget a wee bit. Have been looking for a 2002-3 Event or Freestyle. They are even harder to find than the older vans, so my search continues. However I see someone on here is selling a silver Event . It's advertised as being a 150hp red-i so before I go look does anyone know the van? and is it worth paying the extra couple of grand for the 150?

Last edited:
V good price for a 150. Just check its gen. check the original German reg doc, it'll show 111kw in one of the boxes.
Also, remove the engine cover under the bonnet and there should be no intercooler in sight (it's down in front of the radiator on the 150)

In answer to your question, yes it's well worth the cash for the red i. Tons of grunt and the 150 has bigger brakes so a much nicer vehicle. Also it has a longer top gear.

Go for it.

The silver 150 looks a better deal.

Forgive my naivety, but I'd love to know what you mean?

Forgive my naivety, but I'd love to know what you mean?

It's an issue with 2010/11 but also maybe later 180's and premature engine failure. Lots of topics on this over the years but an up to date one I started last week below:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...used-cali-2011-t5-1-140-dsg-except-its.18243/

If you are looking at the Campersales one try and knock him down a bit - the one I nearly bought and *very* reluctantly turned down because of the potential issue was a minter, 61 plate 180 DSG, high spec, one owner, FVWSH, 30k miles and we shook hands at £31750 to include £1500 net of extras.

20arvol.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a bit of a jump up from

...bit of a jump from the 11.5k original American import :D

It is but I just can't find what I'm looking for so keep increasing my budget.

Back