Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Tow bar grease on vw mattress cover

S

Sue G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I don’t know if anyone might have any suggestions of how we can get some tow bar grease out of our vw mattress cover. We had a new detachable tow bar fitted this morning and the chap managed to hit the mattress cover in 3 places with the greased end of the new toe bar. We contacted him and he’s said he’ll get the cover cleaned but we don’t know whether we’re happy letting him do that as we’re not sure the best method to clean it. There’s 3 marks with the biggest one which is on the front end of the mattress facing you when you open the tailgate with this one being 1inch x 1inch. I’m just very conscious that I don’t want to try lots of different things and make the marks worse.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you Sue

Washing up liquid, designed to take grease off dishes but works well with warm water on other things

I was able to unzip my cover and got it washed in the machine.

Dry cleaning company - they have insurance if it does wrong !

you get it cleaned where you choose and the tow bar fitter pays you ask the fitter to agree to the course of action and cost, if they refuse you have a the right to redress in the small claims court.

Swarfega is also very good for removing grease stains.

Swarfega is also very good for removing grease stains.
The lack of correct use of swarfega probably contributed to the cause of the original issue !

agree if you got grease on something yourself but the OP paid a professional third party fitter to spread it over the mattress!
the OP shouldn’t have to resolve the issue themselves, the cost of rectifying the issue should be by the Third party professional whom caused the issue.

Another vote for Swarfega. Apply neat, leave 5 minutes then use damp cloth, frequently rinsed, to remove.

Back