Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retro fitting a tow bar

That’s my final quote sorted.
£795 fitted at their premises. (Westfalia detachable)
The pictures of the van, on their website is mine.

The customer service they provide is second to none, VW dealers could learn a lot from them

They will come to you or you can go to them ( discounted price for going to their premises)

The dealer where I bought my Cali use SatNav systems for all their “Dealer” retrofits.

I have used them three or four times and cannot fault them at all.

If your cheeky and ask, they will tweak a few bits for you via VCDS during the work they carry out.

I had my voice control activated and also doors lock at approx 10 mph.

They can provide an updated sat nav SD card an include speed cameras, which is very useful = cost £10

I also had an OEM rear view camera fitted to another VW

Hi,
I had a Westfalia towbar retro fitted and have a video review of it here if you are interested: Westfalia Towbar Review

We had it fitted specifically to use a towbar mounted bike rack.
JT
Hi JT

Nice video review
Someone had nicked your multiflex board when you weren’t looking :Iamsorry

Have you got any other YouTube content?

Hi JT

Nice video review
Someone had nicked your multiflex board when you weren’t looking :Iamsorry

Have you got any other YouTube content?
You can check that by clicking the name of the channel under the video.
In this case:

In this case:
H
In this case:
Thank you !!!
yes, we have taken our multi flex board out, it lives in my study for most of the year to create more boot space, we use our Cali as our family daily driver.
I Do have more content on my YouTube Channel, currently around 20 videos with more to come. Click the link below and it will take you to my channel home page:

Campervan Journey

I started Campervan Journey as a project at the beginning of Lockdown and it is growing nicely, found we have lots of videos and stories to tell from a few years of Vw Camper and California ownership.

i’d be grateful if you click to like and subscribe if you like what you see !
thanks for watching !
cheers
JT

I’m having one fitted in a couple of weeks by PFJones. About £600
Depending on which wiring you go for. They’ve been good so far. Let’s hope the install goes well. Others on here have used them and reported good things...I’m having the WF detachable version installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just following on for the PF Jones install. Not massively impressed so far. It’s done and it happened on time but not as neat a job as I’d like. I’m giving them a chance to rectify and will report back before I make final judgement.

Just following on for the PF Jones install. Not massively impressed so far. It’s done and it happened on time but not as neat a job as I’d like. I’m giving them a chance to rectify and will report back before I make final judgement.

What is not neat about the installation?

Doesn't sound good. What issues have you got?

I spoke to VW Liverpool, they wanted £1680. They said that they needed to take out the kitchen, which added 4hrs labour. Going to go to PF Jones, they sent me a quote with removable Westfalia with specific 13 pin wiring harness of £588. No difference!!

I spoke to VW Liverpool, they wanted £1680. They said that they needed to take out the kitchen, which added 4hrs labour. Going to go to PF Jones, they sent me a quote with removable Westfalia with specific 13 pin wiring harness of £588. No difference!!
The difference is how they run the wiring loom through to engine compartment. PF Jones will run it under the vehicle and come up in the bulkhead behind the engine. VW clearly want to run it through the inside.

The difference is how they run the wiring loom through to engine compartment. PF Jones will run it under the vehicle and come up in the bulkhead behind the engine. VW clearly want to run it through the inside.
Outside is better in my opinion; it’s far easier to identify / fix any future problems. (although that said we have never had an issue with towbar wiring on 3 previous cars, kit supplied by PF Jones, dedicated wiring & DIY fit).

For the VW install you are trusting the dealer to put all your cupboards etc back in correctly which could vary depending on which dealer you use.