Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with operation of aux heater on t6.1

Select camping mode on the control panel, it gives options for the headlights and internal lights.
All lights are almost out except instrument cluster / dash and DRLs the latter when the key is still in the ignition barrel until pulled out and by that time if you’ve forgotten to put camping mode on you’ll be able to see your cali from space! Followed by a mad scramble to navigate to it on the upper panel if it wasn’t the last used function

I think it’s almost impossible not to smell diesel given the heater exhaust is directly under the van and exiting to the side.
Never inside the van, the moment you step out however it is noticeable

slight correction to my post above, DRLs do turn off when the lights are in the off position and ignition off but with keys still in the barrel

Camping mode does not turn off DRLs even with the lights in the off position, bonkers!
It did on my T6.1 - with light switch in auto position. the first time you use camping mode you need to check the correct boxes to tell it what you want camping mode to do. It will then retain those settings. Ie interior lights coming on or not when sliding door is opened, DRLs with ignition etc

Difficult subject. We are only two (no kids) so we sleep downstairs/winter duvet.
We’ve camped down to -7 in the Alps and never felt the need for heaters/screen covers/bellows covers etc. Believe me, I set everything to “surface of the sun” when it comes to warmth.
Downstairs definately warmer, we slept up top the other week, 0 degrees out, so kept the heater on, it was still cold and felt a waste of energy as it heated everywhere else but the top… next time will turn off the heating when going to bed and just use thicker pjs