Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater operation

The heater fuse is 80 amp and under the passenger seat :thumb

Calikev said:

Thanks Kev - will give that a go and let you & Stu know how I get on!

Cheers,
Steve

Calikev said:

Thanks to CaliKev and Stu for advice so for on re-programming my remote control key fob for the heater... Found the big yellow 80amp (the only 80amp fuse unr the passenger seat in the aux fuse box). Followed the instructions to the letter 2-3 times but still been unable to re-programme the fob to re,outlet operate my heater. Any other pointers guys?

Cheers,
Steve

Not sure if you're still having problems but I recently replaced the battery of the remote and it had a plastic coating. The contact points in the remote touch the bottom AND the side of the bagtery so if there's a plastic coat, it won't work.... I bought one of internet and they sent me 2 so if your stuck, let me know and I'll post it to you, I don't need 2 :)

I have been following this posting on the Cali Forum and I have exactly the same problem with my Aux heater remote.
I bought my van second hand and it came with a remote and assumed it worked----but does not. All that happens is that the ON/OFF lights flash amber quickly when the buttons are pressed.I think they should be solid green when pressed if linked to the control panel.I have tried the remote inside snd outside the vehicle so its not a distance problem and assume that the amber flashing lights mean that the battery is working ok.
I followed the proceedure given on the forum for removing the 80amp fuse etc but had no success.

I presumme for safety sake the ignition should be in the off position and the key does not need to be in the ignition otherwise it would have stated that 2 people would be necessary to a) remove/replace the fuse within 5 seconds AND press the OFF button within 5 seconds of replacing the fuse.---impossible for one person if the key is in the ignition.

Has anyone managed to make any progress or find another solution that doesnt entail a visit to the Main Stealers. ?

IMG_4306.JPG IMG_4316.JPG

Hello there, any luck with your remote? I am in the same situation - bought second hand 2006 van, there was no remote control, tried with fuse under the seat, then behind the main console. Remote still not working. After lressing ON button it gives longer green flash, then a series of red flashes. I read on different post that this indicates being too far from receiver but I'm sitting in the cabin while doing it. I got a full soec of the van from the VW dealer, it says It has Auxilary Heater with Remote Control. Any ideas? If that's not the big 80amp fuse then which showuld I press, I have a fusecard but cannot says which fuse board is which.
I am lost. Any luck anyone? Thank you.

@Wojciech Jerzy , i see you are VIP member so you can acces the downloadsection. There you can find the fuse layout , allthough it can change from diffrent built years , VW makes a mess of it to give a overview

Your aux.heater does work ? But not by remote control?

Personal never used the remote so no info there from my side.
Look at the downloadsection.

Hi HC, thanks for getting back to me on this. Yes, my heater works fine, it's just the remote that doesn't want to work for some reason. It's a replacement part and I think I paired it fine. As others, I'd prefer to avoid visiting VW. I'm sure this is something easily done. Cheers.

p.s. I went through Fuse Layout but it doesn't help in my case, can't say I clearly understand the diagrams.

p.s. I went through Fuse Layout but it doesn't help in my case, can't say I clearly understand the diagrams.

Not many people do ....
Are you 100% the remote works ?
There is a fuse regarding this on page 17/30 fuse 23 in the fusebox SC witch it belive is the lower fuse box behind the botlleholder under/next the gearstick

It works as it flashes both green and then red colours. The diagram you're refering to is from a new model. Mine looks bit different, all I have is this fuse card and I can see the aux heater symbol there multiple times - now which is which? On the other hand - I think the top holder is for Standard Equipment (see fusecard bottom right, there's a either Standard or Option) as it holds most of fuses, so the lower one is the Optional Equipment - now if you look again it seems like a lot of fuses are missing. I wonder - perhaps the remote does not work as there is no fuse at all? I can buy some fuses and try these empty slots, nothing else is left. Thanks again.

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

I didn't even get those cards in my Cali when i bought it from new....most don't have those cards alltough a special place to slide them in is clearly visible under the fuses.
As tou say the top is standard stuff and the under part are the options , you see it written on the side of the cards ....
I would say , test test test...get some spare fuses (you should have those in the verhicle at all time anyway)

As i said i never used the remote , i don't even carry it in the Cali .
Strange no one has jumped in on this tread to help.....HELP.....!:D
@WelshGas , any clue's....

EDIT : to me it seems the fuse are in place , bottom line the 1-7-8thfuse from left nr. 23 29 and 30

Last edited:
All that I have found is that replacement Parking Heater Remote Controls have to be paired with the Heater Control Unit via VW computer system.

The method mentioned above just resets any errors in the Parking Heater Control Unit for an already Paired Remote Control Fob.

Thanks HC I double checked all these empty slots and it seems all is where is should be. Only one place to check under the seat, if that doesn't help then I'll visit VW next week. Cheers.

Back