Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi From Cork Ireland and some sad news!

• Thread starter SimonChristopherMould
  • Start date
S

SimonChristopherMould

Vehicle
T6 Coast 102
Hi Simon here from Cork. Thanks for allowing me one to join your excellent club and forum. We recently took delivery of a bay leaf green Coast. It is a beauty. It has though had to go back under warranty because the water system leaks into the living space. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi Simon here from Cork. Thanks for allowing me one to join your excellent club and forum. We recently took delivery of a bay leaf green Coast. It is a beauty. It has though had to go back under warranty because the water system leaks into the living space. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Sorry to hear that Simon. Leaking from where exactly?

I had a similar experience, it was the fill up hole.

Where you fill the water tank there is a short piece of hosepipe
connecting the filler to the tank.
Long story short - the jubilee clips weren't tight enough.

As @Stu@rt says, it would be useful to know where you believe the leak is, and under what conditions. For example, there have been a few reports of water coming into the boot when using the drain valve for the fresh water tank - including my own van. Others note a leak when filling the water tank. In both cases the fix has been quite easy and quick to solve. Knowing this might help you to help your dealer.

Back