Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hill Descent Control - retrofit.

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Any recommendations for someone to do a HDC retrofit on a T6.1 Ocean around London / the south east? It’s a mighty handy function and I took a pre specced Cali so didn’t have any choice in the matter .
Thanks Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations for someone to do a HDC retrofit on a T6.1 Ocean around London / the south east? It’s a mighty handy function and I took a pre specced Cali so didn’t have any choice in the matter .
Thanks Stu

Have you checked out the T6 Forum. There are some experts there that are really into retrofits of such options.Otherwise Hazzydayz are a company that carry out some retrofits and coding of VW Options.

Have you checked out the T6 Forum. There are some experts there that are really into retrofits of such options.Otherwise Hazzydayz are a company that carry out some retrofits and coding of VW Options.

Thanks @WelshGas will speak to Hazzydayz and post how I get on. I’ve seen comments on the T6 forum suggesting it’s a switch connection and coding job. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone use this system? In which circumstances ?
Thank you.

Does anyone use this system? In which circumstances ?
Thank you.

I sometimes use it on steep icy/snowy side & access roads when I’m in the alps in winter. It’s quite handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UPDATE: I had Hill Descent Control retrofitted by Hazzydayz (thanks @WelshGas ) and it works.
it took a few hours for them to get it ‘coded’ but now they’ve done that and have the correct codes I believe it would be a much shorter job for any subsequent customers.

UPDATE: I had Hill Descent Control retrofitted by Hazzydayz (thanks @WelshGas ) and it works.
it took a few hours for them to get it ‘coded’ but now they’ve done that and have the correct codes I believe it would be a much shorter job for any subsequent customers.
Really interesting, how intrusive was it and how much..did you buy a VW HDC button to fit the blank so looks genuine? Did you have to take your cali somewhere or did they install at your H/A?

I’m really interested in this update.
I have one missing hole and would love to have it.
What would the cost be ?
St Albans not far from me when I’m at a couple of customers.
Would it invalidate my warranty ?
Could VW re-code and remove the newly changed code ?
Apologies for sooooo many questions !

OK here we go (sorry for the delayed response).
It was £395+VAT.
The battery was disconnected and some interior trim removed for the install and it's as per factory spec - plug and code.
I push the button and the icon appears on the digital cockpit, I can hear and feel the ABS kicking in on individual wheels as it should etc. it's the same as factory.

The old switch bank was removed and the new VW part was swapped in its place (see photos).
Finding the correct code took a few hours but as the technicians now have the code, I imagine it would take much less time in the future.

B8792661-0D34-472A-B094-A2B73E75DF68.jpeg

F30FB011-4F47-43CD-B045-2E7DF28447A9.jpeg

OK here we go (sorry for the delayed response).
It was £395+VAT.
The battery was disconnected and some interior trim removed for the install and it's as per factory spec - plug and code.
I push the button and the icon appears on the digital cockpit, I can hear and feel the ABS kicking in on individual wheels as it should etc. it's the same as factory.

The old switch bank was removed and the new VW part was swapped in its place (see photos).
Finding the correct code took a few hours but as the technicians now have the code, I imagine it would take much less time in the future.

View attachment 105456

View attachment 105457
Thanks - looks the part - I take it you have a LHD Cali?
I wish I hadn't removed my option with factory order + £130 now ! Post build its suddently become 4x expensive :(

I wish I hadn't removed my option with factory order + £130 now ! Post build its suddently become 4x expensive :(
Yep, that’s mighty expensive button :rolleyes:

Yes mine is from Austria

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk