Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

History of the VW Campervan

T

TonyLFC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi guys

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - I did clear it with Martin before signing up & posting.

I'm working with Comfort Insurance, and we've recently researched and created an interactive look at The History of The VW Campervan. It covers everything from it's initial drawings through to how they are used today, along with some of the adverts that VW created to promote the T2.

It would be great if you could take a look at it here: https://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/history-of-campervan/, and provide any feedback/give it a share too.

Hopefully you'll like it, I'm looking forward to hearing your comments on it.

Have a good weekend
Tony

Had a quick look and enjoyed will return for a indepth read thanks Tony

can you pm me as there's a bit about Westy & VW that imho should be amended slightly
David

I noticed that this page doesn't exist anymore. That's a pity, because I redirected to your beautiful designed history! Searching on the site does not work.

You can still see it in the web archive. It's a bit slow to load, but after a couple of attempts I managed

You can still see it in the web archive. It's a bit slow to load, but after a couple of attempts I managed

ah, great job! could hav thought this by myself, thank you! You are not the designer itself?

not me... just thought to check in the web archive. I didn't know about this site :)

Quote " Type 2 of the T1 went into production on March 8th 1950, with VW committing to building a total of ten automobiles per day."

In 2022 things haven't changed much judging by the current extended delivery times :(

Quote " Type 2 of the T1 went into production on March 8th 1950, with VW committing to building a total of ten automobiles per day."

In 2022 things haven't changed much judging by the current extended delivery times :(
Apart from the prices. Mine cost me A$200. It was a while ago though.