Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Home made fridge bottom trivet.

I'm taking your word for it! Just ordered from Amazon, only 20 left!

I got 2 grey plastic draining board drainers from Dunelm. Look just like picture above but minus the handle, very cheap in kitchen department.

Me also. The seller (Sosmar) will be wondering why the sudden run on a specific drainer :D
There’s money in the Cali after market :) Desperately thinking of what invention would go down well. This time next year Rodney ..................... :)

i could be all righteous here and say i didn't use amazon and also recycled something that would have gone in the bin......but i won't.
ha

Me 6 !
Looks perfect, in the fridge.
9 left on Amazon now :thumb :cheers
Great find @GP

Only 5 left now on Amazon. @GP you should be enquiring about commission at this rate :D

710CC8E2-82AC-4C1B-BB8E-D87F25243A2E.png

It's also sold under the name of 'Cabilock' with more in store:
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 09.25.00.jpg
You can also fly in this piece of plastic drain grid of 39x22cm for 2,92€:
:
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 03.59.00.jpg

, if you're not too much embarrassed about your ecological footprint,...

Last edited:
Thought I would just point out there are two sizes in the SOSMAR range on Amazon. Make sure you order the size which is 39cmsx22.5cms which no doubt will sell out soon so there will only be the smaller size left which is too small.

i could be all righteous here and say i didn't use amazon and also recycled something that would have gone in the bin......but i won't.
I know, I don't know what came over me. It's the most that I've spent on anything in the past month!

Now everyone has cleaned the supplier out - What are you going to do for the back wall of the fridge. That's where the cooling elements are and you really need something there to stop stuff getting frozen and stuck on the back wall. A spacer allows for more efficient cooling.
Over to you as I'm sorted. Got 2 drain board " whatever you call them " one for the base and one for the back wall.

What are you going to do for the back wall of the fridge.
I'm going to cut up one of my treasured fruit packing boxes which are a strong black plastic diamond mesh with small "bobble" protrusions. These crates have been so useful over the years, but one has finally split and can't be used for storage anymore.

SOSMAR now sold out on Amazon
Now everyone has cleaned the supplier out - What are you going to do for the back wall of the fridge. That's where the cooling elements are and you really need something there to stop stuff getting frozen and stuck on the back wall. A spacer allows for more efficient cooling.
Over to you as I'm sorted. Got 2 drain board " whatever you call them " one for the base and one for the back wall.
Waiting for @GP to find a perfectly sized spacer for the back wall ;)

I use a metal clipboard with an ice cube “bag” held up against this area.
This makes ice for the G&T and keeps things front sticking here.
Win win.

Yep, we got ours too. Perfect fit!
Ours arrived less than 24 hours after ordering.
I marvel at the thought of all of those state of the art robots whirring away selecting my choice, the lorry driver working through the night to get it to the delivery hub and the poor final delivery driver who has to pee in a bottle to keep to his schedule. Still, it all makes work for the working man to do and Jeff Bezos and Amazon investors just that little bit richer.
Now I've just got to sort out the back wall!

Solution for the back wall? The drain comes in two parts as pictures from @GP show. My thought is to use the ‘drain plate’ (that with holes in it) for the bottom and the ‘catch plate’ for the wall, which is also the correct width (obviously).

Would this work or does the wall plate also need to be ‘ventilated’? In which case, drill a few holes in that