Hook up lead amperage and awning sides

T

TRADESIZE

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
First post, hopefully of many, looks like a great forum
I have some questions about hook-up charging an awnings
So my new to me 2010 California can only be parked 28metres from electric on my drive, with this in mind , should there be a particular amp lead I should buy? I noticed some were different.

In ref to awing sides, is there a a setup I can buy that's compatible with the wind out awning that has some sort of floor to it?

thank you

Hi,
First post, hopefully of many, looks like a great forum
I have some questions about hook-up charging an awnings
So my new to me 2010 California can only be parked 28metres from electric on my drive, with this in mind , should there be a particular amp lead I should buy? I noticed some were different.

In ref to awing sides, is there a a setup I can buy that's compatible with the wind out awning that has some sort of floor to it?

thank you
Hi, welcome on board.

Hookup lead. No, just get the standard hookup cable such as this https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/campervan-hook-up-cable-25-metres

Get two a shorter one and a longer one. You can combine them together to get the reach that you need.

Awning
There are awning aides that are available but not heard of one that comes with a groundsheet. For a California, better to get separate parts as that helps with storage and also gives flexibility with use. If you only want to use the groundsheet, then you can.

Enjoy your California.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Watch out as there are many hookup cables being sold online that are either 1.5mm cable or not specified. You want the 2.5mm cable.

As Alec said,

2.5mm and length of 25m. You may need two joined together but presumably you do not live on a CAMC site so that will be ok ..... :)

If you are concerned about joined cables you can get boxes to protect the join, although to be honest in my experience they failed miserably. However as a box to protect a join could at a stretch be called a mechanical solution the failure would be down to me, not the box!!