Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hook up

O

Ollie913

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi

Every time I plug my hook up cable into the van it’s a right pain to get it back out again , feels like I’m going to pull the actual socket away from the body , wiggling , pulling, nearly taking my fingers off trying to make sure the blue release catch is not catching etc . I’ve tried applying some wd40 around the socket to help but it’s still a pain in the backside . Anybody have this trouble ?

Thanks

Richy

Mines takes a bit of initial pull to 'break' its hold but all sockets are like that not just the Cali..
I wouldn't advise wiggling.

Hi

Every time I plug my hook up cable into the van it’s a right pain to get it back out again , feels like I’m going to pull the actual socket away from the body , wiggling , pulling, nearly taking my fingers off trying to make sure the blue release catch is not catching etc . I’ve tried applying some wd40 around the socket to help but it’s still a pain in the backside . Anybody have this trouble ?

Thanks

Richy
I too find it pretty stiff to remove. I used some dry PTFE spray which helped a little.

Hi

Thanks

Richy
Obvious question - you are moving the locking catch on the left of the plug when pulling it back?

Hi all thanks for the comments . It is a bit easier with some of the advice on here re ptfe etc

Thanks again

The Cali is still new to us & I'm finding the same thing. We previously had a T5 conversion with the hook-up attached to a towbar so I wasn't afraid to give it a good yank. I'm more cautious about using brute force on the Cali as the socket is built into the bodywork & I don't want to ding it.

Similarly, (and to slightly hijack the thread but on a related topic), I do find the water cap next door very tricky to take off & get the three internal prongs of cap lined up. Is this a common niggle or is mine just broken?
Cheers all.

The Cali is still new to us & I'm finding the same thing. We previously had a T5 conversion with the hook-up attached to a towbar so I wasn't afraid to give it a good yank. I'm more cautious about using brute force on the Cali as the socket is built into the bodywork & I don't want to ding it.

Similarly, (and to slightly hijack the thread but on a related topic), I do find the water cap next door very tricky to take off & get the three internal prongs of cap lined up. Is this a common niggle or is mine just broken?
Cheers all.
Might be just yours, mine is easy and never have to give a thought (sorry!).

Cheers all.
It does seem to have a knack to live up. I usually press my one in gently and turn anti clockwise until it drops into the grooves then clockwise until it locks.
And our hook up is still too, but they have been on everything I've owned, campervans and caravans.

It does seem to have a knack to live up. I usually press my one in gently and turn anti clockwise until it drops into the grooves then clockwise until it locks.
And our hook up is still too, but they have been on everything I've owned, campervans and caravans.
Sorry for the typos should have said "line up" not live up and "stiff" not still

Back