Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How does Climatronic work in Coast T6.1, please !

Themadwife

Themadwife

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We have had our Coast since May 2022.

We added the Climatronic option as we carry 2 dogs on the back shelf.

My adult son sat in back on one trip and played with the AC control at the back and was very complementary. However the other day the fan set off at the back and we had to stop and play with it. I realised I needed to get the manual out and really get my head around it !

Now very confused . California manual says I should be able to control it from central control unit by using the REAR button. But we don’t have a REAR button there ?!

We do have a REAR button on the front ventilation buttons .

Can anyone help me work out how to use this expensive function correctly, not by ‘luck of the draw’ !

B1A4ECAB-76EC-4410-9B90-D23F4625EE7A.jpeg

5A90918D-880D-45DC-8DA8-24DE1028553D.jpeg

The word REAR is written on the middle dial under AUTO. Is it not that button and that one only that switches the rear on and off?

Just checked on ours and pressing rear and rotating the control knob switches on the rear heading.

That first image in your book is not in ours but there is not much info in the manual on exactly how the rear air con works but so far we have found it self explanatory when in the rear.

Last edited:
I know this post is not helpfull I was looking on Youtube in the Channels of Cali Chris and Califorina Time. Ik know one of both coverd this. But I seem not be able to find it quickly.
I would say have a look in their channels.

(T5.1)

Rear allows you to set the rear temp, independent to front temp. Can also be adjusted from controls in the back of the van.

Sync sets whole vehicle at same temp, and overrides rear controls (great for meddling children).

Rest diverts residual warm air into the vents when the engine is switched off (…keeps you warm whilst you wait for the camping heater start pumping hot air out)

I know this post is not helpfull I was looking on Youtube in the Channels of Cali Chris and Califorina Time. Ik know one of both coverd this. But I seem not be able to find it quickly.
I would say have a look in their channels.
Will search ! Thanks

Found it…..doesn’t quite explain in detail, but I got the gist of it…

Last edited:
Back