Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How does your van wear your board or skis?

If you have a roofbox, often you will be charged class 2 by mistake. Just ring the bell and say "déclassification sil vous plait, classe une", an operator will correct it.

I would put our skis under the seat through the little cubby hole, if I could get the damned thing open. Seems totally seized.
Handbook instructions?
Useless.

a58d553f5c8deba463d9128cc1ba0cc0.jpg

Works alone only.

2019 Latest Design DIY Multi-Purpose Aluminium Telescopic Ladder Extension Extend - Portable Foldable (2.6M) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BNJC3BY/?tag=eliteelect-21

Although I haven’t ended up keeping it there, I did trim the bottom of both legs so it would fit under the bench if I want to. View attachment 53371View attachment 53372
Just back from St Anton, the ski box / ladder combination worked perfectly, access to the box even with the roof up no problem. Unfortunately had to cut our holiday short by a week when the Tyrol shut down all accommodation and uplift, we were lucky to get 10 days before that happened. Sadly now pretty much all Europe is closed.

20200310_155213.jpg

Mine ended up inside the other week, the van was being used like a taxi to get us all to the lifts!

1BHFab8zTbGCHyAaGIKIjg.jpg

Get a Sanef Liber-t tag before you go & and set up a direct debit. If they accidentally overcharge you the height, you can get the difference refunded when you get back home.

//
France - Liber-t tag

If you are a Class 1 vehicle and have a roof load such as a roof box or bicycle that takes your overall height over 2m, you will still be charged as a Class 1 vehicle. There is equipment (laser and 3D imaging) in the Liber-t lanes that can distinguish between 'Class 1 + roofload' and Class 2 vehicles. You should be charged at Class 1 rate.

Occasionally however, this auto detection equipment may incorrectly identify you as Class 2. We advise you to check your bill when you receive it or view your future toll balance in your 'Account Summary' area and if you have been incorrectly charged at Class 2 rate, please open a toll adjustment request. Just go to your 'Account Summary' area, scroll down and next to 'My Tags' click 'View Tolls', click on the toll you wish to be adjusted, click 'Raise a Toll Adjustment Request' and complete the toll adjustment request form. We will ensure that you are reimbursed the difference the following month. Toll adjustments must be requested within 3 months of the transaction date.//
Used the liber T tag when we were away this month, what a difference.

Back