Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How easy it is to find 2 extra seats for a california beach?

Q

Quaillet

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,
We’d like to buy a 7 seaters california beach but the ones we’ve seen for sale for the moment (and in our budget) come only with the 3 seaters bench at the back.
We have 3 kids and would need the 2 extra seats at the back to carry friends and family around.
How easy it is to find and buy the extra seats?
We had a quick look on ebay but there are not necessarily the right color or if they are it can be quite expensive (saw one for £750...).
Any idea?
Thanks

Hi,
We’d like to buy a 7 seaters california beach but the ones we’ve seen for sale for the moment (and in our budget) come only with the 3 seaters bench at the back.
We have 3 kids and would need the 2 extra seats at the back to carry friends and family around.
We had a quick look on ebay but there are not necessarily the right color or if they are it can be quite expensive (saw one for £750...).
Any idea?
Thanks

I think you should be paying £400 - £500 per seat, though at one time 2nd hand seats were selling for more than the option-with-order cost.

Don’t worry too much about the colour. If it bothers you, you can buy seat covers so they will appear to match.

If you have children, watch out for the additional seats with an integrated Group 2/3 child seat.

Thanks, we’ll keep an eye for what’s on offer here. And good tip regarding the seat cover, that will give us a lot more choice!

What seats do you have now? What color or print? Maybe a photo would be good for us to see what you are looking for?

Hi,
Any idea?
Thanks
I paid £375 for another seat, most seem to sell on here for that sort of price.

What seats do you have now? What color or print? Maybe a photo would be good for us to see what you are looking for?
We’re in the process of buying a beach T5 and if it goes through we would ideally be looking at something like that:
D24123E9-E020-4054-9BE2-4A0475590AEF.jpeg
I think that’s light grey takota?

Seats come up for sale all the time but as your van gets older you will struggle more and more to find ones that match your upholstery.

When I joined, seats were going for around £300-350 and there was plenty available. As I was told they come up for sale all the time I held off. I kind of regret that now as getting a spare seat that matches my van is extremely unlikely now as most of the ones sold are new vans where folks had them but didnt want them.

The option list price for a single seat is £414 and £828 for a brace of seats.

It looks like people ordering a new van who don’t want the seats can still make a small profit by ordering them then selling them on.

Try Kernow Transporters as they always have stock. I bought some Caravelle seats from him years ago for one of my Kombi. He will deliver if reqd.

I have a beach ( as new condition) seat which is available for sale. I'm open to offers. I can send photo if you contact me via club private message also a pump up airbeam drive away awning used 3 times.

I have a beach ( as new condition) seat which is available for sale. I'm open to offers. I can send photo if you contact me via club private message also a pump up airbeam drive away awning used 3 times.
Thanks, I saw the seat on the SALE section. Will PM you now :)

Back