Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How hard is it to fit new (fugly) T6 bike rack?

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

I'm going to buy the the new (fugly) bike rack and the dealer hasofferred to fit it for £40 - does that sound like good value? How long does it take to do and is it hard/complicated? £40 sounds like quite a lot to me (although less than 10% of the cost of the rack!) unless it's trickier than I'm expecting? How long did it take you guys, was it difficult, any gotchas to look out for?

Thanks,

Jez

It's very easy to fit. It just hangs on the tailgate with 2 bolts securing it. The hardest part is probably applying the paint protection stickers in the correct place!

Can't be that hard:eek:m our T5 it takes 3 minutes to get it on or off.

Do it yourself so you gain confidence in how to remove it when required.

After set up is a two minute job to clean and apply the stickers, then a further two minutes to hook over and tighten. However if you scratch, scrape or ding anything. Or it falls off its up to you. I say speak to dealer as its prob a 30 minute item for them, and you get peace of mind and comeback.

If you do it you'll probably take much more care with the sticker positioning than the dealer, as they won't allocate long enough for someone to be really accurate.

Definitely do it yourself as you will be more familiar with the rack afterwards and I suspect make just as good s job of it.

Mike

Thanks for all the replies guys. The excellent VIP discount from SMG Cowfold means I can get this delivered to me for slightly less than having it supplied by the dealer so I've decided to take that route.

Thanks again, thus forum really is an invaluable resource!

Jez