Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many Calis in the UK

teeboy

teeboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have just found this website http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ which lists all makes of car and how many of each are registered in the UK

So here is the list for all Cali's which were taxed in the UK in 2013, so we can see how many members we should have, also we can see the most popular choices:

VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 140 = 433
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 180 A = 408
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 180 =382
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 180 4X4 = 122
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA BEACH TDI = 117
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA BEACH BLUEMOTIONTDI = 113
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 180 4X4 AUTO = 100
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 140 S-A =83
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA BERGHAUS TDI = 76
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI BMT = 39
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI BMT AUTO = 25
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 4MOTION BMTA = 12
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI BMT S-A = 7
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA BEACH BLUE TDI AUTO = 6
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 4MOTION BMT = 6
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA SE TDI 4MOTION = 2
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA TDI BMT = 1
VOLKSWAGEN CALIFORNIA TDI BMT AUTO = 1

Total Calis = 1933

There are 1695 SE and 236 Beach (and 2 at the bottom that I don't understand)

I think a few of the lines are duplicates - the same style with a slightly different name.

Interesting stuff (to me anyway!)

T

Interesting...

None of the prefacelift listed though... Wonder if they are under something else?

I assumed the pre-facelift ones were the ones without 140 or 180 in the title???

If you include 2014 registrations it must be well above the 2000 mark :?:

2000 elevating roof repairs is going to take quite some time. :headbang

teeboy said:
I assumed the pre-facelift ones were the ones without 140 or 180 in the title???

Don't think so, numbers are too small and if you look at the detail, they are all from 2013 onwards.

I suspect the BMT is another way of designating Blue Motion.

I think these numbers are way below what they actually are... there must be a similar number of pre-facelift vehicles out there, particularly given they were on sale from 2006. (Or there abouts)

Just taken another look.

A few hundred hidden under transporters... designated Calif but I also suspect many hidden in Volkswagen Motor Caravan and many more within the simple Volkswagen Transporter - I remember in the early days many discussions about the differing rates of tax people were paying due to the way the dealers had registered them.

Remember, the dealers are all commercial dealers and didn't really have a clue about the Cali at that stage.

Suspect it'll be difficult to unravel. Only VW probably really know what was imported.

lostlogik said:
Isn't BMT Blue Motion Technology?

Absolutely right. :)

lostlogik said:
(Oh and hi everybody :) Just joined as I'm in the process of negotiating for a new Beach, though I'm a little disappointed to find that means I won't have it until October. Equally disappointed to read about the roof issue. Hopefully sorted by time mine gets made)
Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

Welcome on board. Lot's of things to look forward to after arrival. Yes, there are a few issues but after 5 years of ownership, nothing that's really dented my enjoyment.

Rgds
Mark

So it looks like my original list is all facelift then. There are loads of us - I thought we were soooooo exclusive :)

Quite a fun site though - you can search for your first car and find out how rare they are now

T

Not that many 180 4motions though :mrgreen:

reserves said:
KernowLad said:
Not that many 180 4motions though :mrgreen:

Wonder if there's a good reason for that :)

No idea but more power and AWD has a distinct lack of obvious disadvantages.

Lost count of how many I saw today whilst driving up from Newbury to York...not as many as next weekend though!

Back