• 12k Plus

Votes: 30 30.9%

• Total voters
Billy

Billy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I spoke to a few people at a recent meet and noticed a lot of people do not use their vans much, one couple I spoke to did less than 1,000 miles per year !!! I do around 8k per year but was just curious if there are any other low mileage users out there?

I sold our two year old SE 4motion because it sat outside our house doing very little other than losing money and regularly getting covered in bird lime. We also have a Beach which we found to be much more practical for our personal everyday circumstances hence the formers lack of use. I estimate that under those conditions the SE probably only did 2 - 3k per year. I didn't think it was worth keeping so much money tied up in a vehicle that was getting so little use whilst still required regular expensive servicing, so reluctantly we sold it. I still miss that utterly superb vehicle but I don't regret the decision. In the end my head overuled my heart! IMO they are a tool and as such they have to be used.

The Beach does over 10k per year and is used every day for all sorts of things. Last week it was camping at Slimbridge and school runs. The week before school runs and furniture van duties. Today the extra seats are going back in to take seven of us and our kit to the airport for a half term break in the sun.

Around 12-15 thousand at present but do those count double as I often have a caravan on the back? :shocked

Not as much as i would like to ...

Over 45,000 miles since March 2017 - 27 months. That works out at 20,000 miles per year.

If we don’t buy a second vehicle soon our 5 year or 80,000 mile warranty will expire after 4 years.

46000 miles in 11 years. Work gets in the way but used every week for a 20 mile trip.

Got mine back in 2015 with 94400 km (around 10y old) and now 169800 on the clock. We also have a daily drive: 2 years old with around 58000 km. Hope to keep them both a couple of years more.

c 15000 miles per year

SE Daily driver. About 12,000+ miles a year at current rate of knots, currently sitting on 83,000.
Heard of plenty of T5s hitting 300,000+ miles...that’s my goal

8000 miles in our first year. Not a daily drive but spent 61 nights camping on various trips since April 2018. Would love it to be more but various family commitments restrict our time away.

We're only doing about 6,000 a year as OH has to have a car for work so we use that as a run around for short trips. When he retires in a couple of years the car goes and Cali will be our only vehicle to mileage will increase.

Back