Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many miles/month using it as daily driver do you do?

Zenaj

Zenaj

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I will be using my Cali as daily driver (beside camping trips of course). Mainly going to work. I will be doing something like 1750 miles/month. Is this a lot? Too much maybe?
How many miles per month do you guys do using it just for your daily needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use ours as one of two daily drivers. Have done 13.500 km (8.400 miles) since July 10. … how much compared to what? Why? We bought ours to use it as much as possible.

We use ours as one of two daily drivers. Have done 13.500 km (8.400 miles) since July 10. … how much compared to what? Why? We bought ours to use it as much as possible.
Well some folks buy/have second car for going to work to keep mileage down on Cali, to preserve its resale value,... Especially when doing high mileage with daily use. Maybe in some point that wise to do. Just wanted to know how many miles others do. And to assure meyself that it is not so bad to do so much km just for work I guess

Well some folks buy/have second car for going to work to keep mileage down on Cali, to preserve its resale value,... Especially when doing high mileage with daily use. Maybe in some point that wise to do. Just wanted to know how many miles others do. And to assure meyself that it is not so bad to do so much km just for work I guess

I think it a matter of economics and personal reference at the end. We need two cars, and have had it for many years. When we bought the cali, we "downsized" the second car to a UP! to balance the budget a bit (cars are extremely expensive here).

Our cali is the main car, or at least the one who is running most milage. I would never get a second car, just to keep milage down on the cali. Simply because it would have to be so cheap, small, unsafe, and old before it would come near an economic advantages compared to higher re-sale price on the cali. Its not attractive to me to settle with that when having i dreamcar standing in the driveway …

Maybe if you have a really long way to work every day, it would matter on consumption. But still I would prefer a better safer car when going many miles in rush hour every day.

Ours is the only vehicle therefore the daily driver. Approx. 29K in about 37 months. Retired so S, D and PP only.:thumb

Our Cali is also a daily driver and used to go to work. Greatest concern is not the extra mileage (1000/month) but to find a spacious place to park, to avoid scratches (and worse) from other people cars :mad:

Our Cali is our only vehicle and so far we've done 9k in 6 months. That's not doing any commuting as we both cycle to work

Our Cali is our only vehicle and so far we've done 9k in 6 months. That's not doing any commuting as we both cycle to work
That is nice. I would like to cycle to work too, but I have 100 km just to get there:headbang

Hi Zenaj,
Don't worry about high mileage if you intend to keep your Cal; it's designed for heavy use. If you are doing about 1700 a month it suggests that most of your journeys will be longish which is fine. Once the engine is hot it is happy and will run with minimal wear occurring. Stop - start driving like a delivery driver is ok too as the engine stays hot. The real killer is short journeys when the engine never really gets up to temperature; this will cause more rapid wear, clog up your egr valves and catalyst, increase oil and fuel consumption, degrade your oil and decrease the interval between services.
Hope this helps.

Hi Zenaj,
Don't worry about high mileage if you intend to keep your Cal; it's designed for heavy use. If you are doing about 1700 a month it suggests that most of your journeys will be longish which is fine. Once the engine is hot it is happy and will run with minimal wear occurring. Stop - start driving like a delivery driver is ok too as the engine stays hot. The real killer is short journeys when the engine never really gets up to temperature; this will cause more rapid wear, clog up your egr valves and catalyst, increase oil and fuel consumption, degrade your oil and decrease the interval between services.
Hope this helps.
Yes, you are right. 95% of daily mileage will be long distance (100km to work, one direction). I hope that we'll like and know how to get the most out of it especially for weekend aways, medium and long trips. Hope to get like 40 sleeping nights per year. If we'll enjoy it, than for shure we'll keep it for many years. Like we kept our Volvo V70 wich is now 11 years old with almost 400.000 km and still in good condition. We'll keep it for wife and sell younger Volvo C30, to get some extras on Cali :)

We've just topped 1000 miles after 2.5weeks but that did include a 200mile journey from the dealership.

Will do around 250 commuter miles per week 39weeks per year before weekend and leisure use. Assume it will be in the 20k per year region including leisure until/unless I can find a job closer to home.

Makes the 5yr 150k extended warranty look worthwhile indeed

Just completed 40,800 miles in 2 years.

Back