I purchased a 2009 SE with about 1 year of warranty remaining. No problems during remaining warranty, but was aware that dealer had the canvas on roof replaced. Since the warranty expired I have replaced a gas strut on the bed and the Cali is in the queue for roof corrosion. The control panel display has several blanks lines and I expect I will have to replace that within a year. Ignoring the roof corrosion ,not bad for a van approaching 6 years.
Just had a narrow escape. Coming to the end of the warranty SWMBO noticed the control panel had started fading in and out and occasionally losing it's time setting. Replaced yesterday with a week to spare along with new vacuum hoses which were spotted by JCT Van centre in Sheffield while they were MOT 'ing the van (well done them).
Add to that a failed connector which caused the ABS light to stay on constantly and that's about it for the warranty period.
Downside is you don't get any warranty on the new control panel cos you haven't bought it!
Just out of warranty after 2 years & 36000km.
Fixes under warranty:
1. Rear valance locating strap riveted in place (was hanging loose).
2. Coolant level topped up (stable since).
3. Inverter & socket replaced (faulty contact).
4. Inverter socket replaced by domestic socket + switch (faulty contact again!).
5. Left windscreen roller blind replaced (damaged when accidentally released).
6. Number plate re-riveted on.
7. Dashboard ventilator replaced (could not adjust flow from new).
8. Fresh water level sensor replaced (split!).
9. Trim strip above sliding door removed & sealed with silicone (water dripping into doorway/window).
10. Little window above fridge dark-filmed over (adjacent black film damaged by sliding blind??).
Not fixed: Groan from left front suspension over speed bumps.
Sounds a lot, but all minor.
Now wondering how the non-warranty period will go!