Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How often do you clean out your roof drains?

I have always had water running through the drains, even with roof closed.
Just the last few years the outlets were blocked by gunk.
Now I opened the outlets, no water stays at the top anymore.
I don't know while driving, as then, due to the speed and position of the seal, it is almost impossible to get water in. Just while standing still with closed roof, the water starts entering under the roof, and then draining front and back.

Also, the wiper arms are ++tricky to remove. I was just about to order a removal tool when I saw this video and it worked liked magic So want to share it.
No way would that have worked on ours. Depends on the age of the van I suppose. I would also be wary of thumping a wiper resting on the glass. I got the nut off, dosed it with penetrating oil and left it for a couple of hours. Put the nut back on a few turns, lifted the wiper up and held it and then gently tapped the nut with a small hammer. Took about five minutes but it eventually came off.

No way would that have worked on ours. Depends on the age of the van I suppose. I would also be wary of thumping a wiper resting on the glass. I got the nut off, dosed it with penetrating oil and left it for a couple of hours. Put the nut back on a few turns, lifted the wiper up and held it and then gently tapped the nut with a small hammer. Took about five minutes but it eventually came off.
I was very skeptical and was about to buy a puller tool. It works extraordinarily well however.

Back