Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to Fix Kitchen Tap and Water Pump Problem and solution.

Cali-61-180-SE

Cali-61-180-SE

HI had this problem long weekend. I top-up water and start kitchen tab but water doesn't come even no pump sound. So i start investigation step by step.

1: First Check Fuse is fine or not. use multimeter continuity test. i found fuse was blown.

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

2nd step: after replacing 5mp new fuse, check again and start tab. In my case no success.

IMG_2847.JPG

3rd Step: Opening water tankand check 12v current is coming or not. make sure tab is ON. to open water tank lid i made one tool. before open make sure disconnect both water pump and level sensor connection.
(My case 12v current is available after fuse change.)

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

4th Step: If 12v current is available it means something wrong in pump so remove water pump. i have close looked remove water pump and found its overheated and burning smell also coming. when i close looked also found water lime-scale. white power in side the pump. i think water lime-scale created the problem.

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

Step 6: replace new pump and connect with 12v connector and place in right place. please connect out water supply pipe as well.

IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

Big applause for this !
This can help to solve many asked questions here.
Probally one of the most common faults on the Cali , so very nice detailed report:thumb

Will that then be in the download section?

Yes, we can have a copy on forum and copy in downloads for people to print out.

I want to add one more thing. In all this process I did one thing wrong. When you cut connector from old water pump make sure cut little extra wire so you can attach new one with out any problem. I cut very sort but after little fights I have managed to connect new pump.

image.jpg

Great illustration of the process - thank you.

Note: How did you connect the wires from the new replacement pump to the existing switch?

Many thanks

I cut little extra wire from old pump and attached with new one and use electric tap. But I think above cavin idea is better then my one.

Thanks
JK

Excellent post. Thanks!

Question on the tool you used for unscrewing the pump:
Could you give me measurements of this tool?
That would be very helpful. Unless of course there are different pump sizes...

Back