Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2010/11 RCD10 DAB & Kufatec Fusion+ streaming

C

Chainline

VIP Member
I have the above setup and use it all the time with my phone as handsfree.

I have tomtom on my iPhone so have no real need of an upgraded headunit (tho it might come to that but we'll see) it all works fine with the steering wheel controls so all good.

I have managed to enable the a2dp so I can stream music. My problem is that it only streams with the 'phone' identified on the stereo head unit and not via any Bluetooth audio, this appears to result in music only coming through the treble speakers and through the front.

My question, is this just how it is and I need to buy someone else to enable Bluetooth audio into the strereo properly?

Does the premium 'parrot like' VW kit solve this problem?

Basically I am happy wit the stereo per se. I don't need a sat Nav but I would like the ability to handsfree phone and stream (with decent quality not the current tinny mess, ok for phone speech, awful for music) using the steering wheel controls.

I already have the media connection with an old classic holding the library that's fine but sometimes just want to play something off spotify or so the kids can watch a film on the iPad etc but not attach loads of cables!

Cheers for any help...

2010 Facelift Cali...ageing gracefully..

I think it is a 'feature' of A2DP, there has been discussion on here before.

Not sure it's an a2dp streaming feature! I have friends with parots with perfectly good sound quality. This just seems to only engage half the audio system. Clearly somehow the VW system connects directly to the head units bluetooth. i suspect the answer is to just have a device connected to the mid with my streamed content.

Maybe my head unit is too old at 2010 or the Kufatec needs an update.

But it depends on how the Audio is routed to the head unit mono or stereo.

Are you getting the BT audio via a VW phone kit?? I think with the many of the A2DP solutions they are mono to the HU.

ive got a belkin autotune in my freelander that plugs in the fag lighter socket and into the std aux input to the audio system. its a bit of a pain to pair sometimes if using different phones on bluetooth but the sound quality is amazing on bluetooth through the car stereo.

i was going to upgrade to a parrot or vw bluetooth as im picking my cali up next week and as far as i know its got a std rcd 310 in it.

id like to be able to use spotify etc as well and have decent handsfree. again, ill use my iphone/ pad for gps/ satnav.

rich

Back