Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I DO THINK A TELESCOPIC LADDER WOULD BE USEFUL

N

nutty123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Im loving our new T6 but the only thing I do think VW should of thought of is a telescope ladder as I think using the seats will aventually make them flimsy. Anyone got any ideas ?

We use a telescopic ladder and find it much easier.
Maplin used to sell them for £14.99 but I believe they stopped selling them a while ago.
A similar ladder that extends up to 2.1m is available for £69.95 at another online camping & campervan store.
More expensive models are also available elsewhere but ours does the job.

I got one from Amazon, paid about £30 for it and yet another accessory that I do not use.

The faffing around to stow it, un-telescope it, get on it, get off it ..... was just too much compared to be foot on a seat squab, another foot on a backrest, a squiggle and a squirm and in.

A lightweight purpose-made designed to be stowed would be brilliant, but I doubt feasible.

I had a look at the maxxcamp ladder linked above. The photo implies that it would only work the front seats fully forward (as it would otherwise be limited by the armrest). Has anyone got good/ bad experience with it - I don't really want ot be limited as to which seats are rotated/ or their position if at all possible? Such a lot of cash for a ladder (and they are snowed under so very very slow to process orders at the moment). Still liking the simplicity of the box Teejay1

We have a telescopic ladder - it is quite heavy but we find it does make access much easier and using it feels much more stable (ie safe) than balancing on the seat or a stool - but it probably depends on how confident and agile you are at lowering yourself down.

My worry about standing or putting anything on the front seats to aid access is will it damage the electric seat elements?

My worry about standing or putting anything on the front seats to aid access is will it damage the electric seat elements?

No, it won't. Just take off your stilettos first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the front seats have been put through there paces with a crash test dummy or two so standing on them isn't going to do much harm, then again I'm a bit of a racing snake at ten and a half stone with big feet!

I've got a ladder which splits in half, so stows away nicely. Quite pricey, but makes it very easy to get upstairs! From Calitop.de

upload_2016-5-28_15-21-24.png

There has been casualties to the arm rests through standing on them that's been posted on here before,but don't lets get involved in what ones weight should be inorder to do so
Being a somewhat of a trapeze artist myself I don't have problem :rolleyes:

66f85e90a4171a469780f272f924d931.jpg

Keep it simple.

Last edited:
@Italiahorse , very nice find ....
Don't need it ( yet ) but seems perfect cheap an takes up not much space.
Even a DIY handyman could make it by himself using wooden steps and a rope ....:thumb

Just sleep downstairs!

I sleep downstairs now. Personally we find it more comfortable. Dab hand at making the morning cups in bed.:D

The only ladder that I take with me is in my stockings :shocked

Back