Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I DO THINK A TELESCOPIC LADDER WOULD BE USEFUL

Just sleep downstairs!
Not if you have two wet muddy dogs - then you need to be upstairs with water proof covers downstairs for the dogs. British weather ...

Umm, what to do. I think I'll wait till I go to the last Cali meet on the 14th October. Good posts though.

Not if you have two wet muddy dogs - then you need to be upstairs with water proof covers downstairs for the dogs. British weather ...
Or use a towel?

Or use a towel?
With two dogs, one towel ain't enough, (and even if it was you have to find somewhere to dry it for next walk three times a day times two dogs... but a good suggestion otherwise). And even after a towelling, if they've picked up mud it drops off later... (hence I also keep a hand help Dyson in the van!)...
An awning, dog crates, lots of vet bed, a hand held Dyson (other manufacturer's are available) and some doggy towels (which I never use)...

Exacly my thoughts , if the time comes i need a ladder getting me in the top bunk , i'm selling .....
I've only just bought mine and I can't get up into the roof! But it's fine for the grandchildren, and for the headroom, and it certainly beats having to erect a tent and put a table together before I can have a cuppa!

we’ve just bought a MaxxCamp ladder , we both sleep upstairs( black lab downstairs) we can squirm up but it’s so much easier with the wee ladder. yes it’s expensive, but so was the van !
seems to be really well made but not sure if we’ll drill holes in back of rear seat to attach storage belt fixing as it’s light and small so sits easily alongside our gear in the boot.... which mainly consists of ‘drive way awning’, hook up, chocks n blocks, food and dog ‘stuff’... guess we have a few changes of gear for us !!

I'd be more afraid of that damaging the seat than standing on the seat base. I doubt the seat back is designed to take a vertical load like that.
8 years and no problem

We have looked at buying a ladder, not had the van long and as yet only slept down stairs. But quite like the idea of using a ladder rather than the seats.

We have looked at buying a ladder, not had the van long and as yet only slept down stairs. But quite like the idea of using a ladder rather than the seats.
I’ve heard Stannah have just introduced a stairlift just for the GC Cali, unfortunately not for the standard model.

The ladder works well for us, also handy for accessing roof loads; Helps avoid getting the seats dirty, damage to arm rests/head rest/ heated seat element.

(My son broke the armrest in our older T4 when climbing into the roof; Was simple to fix but involved waiting for parts to arrive etc....)

Had van for 14yrs, only sleep downstairs in very bad weather conditions. We are both in our 70s no problem climbing up

This small pouffe placed on the seat useful for climbing upstairs if required. And great for what it is intended for. About 15£ from The Range. F1527D95-0DB2-442C-BB85-705A305A7CAA.jpegF1527D95-0DB2-442C-BB85-705A305A7CAA.jpeg

Back