Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I have a confirmed build date of week 51 !!

Yes I ordered 30th September - oh Im not bothered about new reg as Im going to disguise my new vehicle with an older reg anyhow! Need to get a bit more prepared though with the "essentials"!
That’s such a good idea and I’m going to look at doing that. Do you know how much it costs for someone to change the plate? I wonder if the dealer would do it.

That’s such a good idea and I’m going to look at doing that. Do you know how much it costs for someone to change the plate? I wonder if the dealer would do it.
The plates that are a few years old are £399.00, even older are £250.00, I dont think the dealer can do it as you have to chose the number & pay as its registered in your name.

We ordered end of October and have been assigned very speedy build week 49 (30th Nov) but the vehicle is still in build at the moment expected to be finished mid next week which means the build will take 3.5 not 2 weeks - I do not think anything is certain with California builds and delivery...

We ordered end of October and have been assigned very speedy build week 49 (30th Nov) but the vehicle is still in build at the moment expected to be finished mid next week which means the build will take 3.5 not 2 weeks - I do not think anything is certain with California builds and delivery...
So quick!

Yeah its the 199/204 orders that are really stacking up. Earliest delivery for my 199 Coast is Sept 2021

Hello Corradobrit, we ordered an Ocean in early December and I'm hoping we will have it by April /May at the latest. Your Coast delivery in Sept 2021 makes me think my expectations are way off. Did your dealer tell you this?

Hello Corradobrit, we ordered an Ocean in early December and I'm hoping we will have it by April /May at the latest. Your Coast delivery in Sept 2021 makes me think my expectations are way off. Did your dealer tell you this?
Yes that was the dealers time estimate. I ordered mid Nov.
Delivery in Sept works for me as my current contract in USA ends 31/8/21. If I find a new job in Europe before then I'll use an ebike to get around until I take delivery, which I'd be buying for the Cali anyway.

Hi Corradobrit.
I spoke to a dealer yesterday who supplies lots of Californias, and aked about new orders for 204 Oceans. He said delivery 4/6 months wait. It all seems a bit vague. You would have thought that as they supply lots of vehicles, he would have known more accurately. Also it appears that for orders in the pipeline, few have confirmed build dates.

Yes that was the dealers time estimate. I ordered mid Nov.
Delivery in Sept works for me as my current contract in USA ends 31/8/21. If I find a new job in Europe before then I'll use an ebike to get around until I take delivery, which I'd be buying for the Cali anyway.
Kep an eye on things because delivery September 2021 probably means a build week July/August 2021 which would mean the vehicle would be built to Model Year 2022 specifications. So there could be changes, possibly to your advantage.

VW Model years are from July 1st to June 30th of the following year.

there could be changes, possibly to your advantage.
Care to expand? So far I've only seen a couple of minor disadvantages such as not being able to spec no cost 235 all season tyres and getting the 199 engine, not the 204.

Care to expand? So far I've only seen a couple of minor disadvantages such as not being able to spec no cost 235 all season tyres and getting the 199 engine, not the 204.
I have no idea what changes will be incorporated in the MY 2022 build. Often, paid for Options may be included in the Standard Specification.
eg: LED headlights become standard rather than a paid for option. Normally there would also be a price rise , but the rise could be less than the Option cost, so you get the option for less. But just check that the Dealer hasn’t also charged for the option + price rise.
If your Dealer has given you a guaranteed price, excluding any interim price rises, all the better, maybe.

Back