Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I started with a VW and decided to finish with one!

V

Vagophile

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
As a married retiree of 15 years standing (no kids) who has spent a lot of that time touring Europe (but especially Greece) in a larger motor home with all creature comforts, health circumstances have dictated a downsize and change of touring practice, probably concentrating on the U.K. for shorter periods.
I have fond memories of our 1970 VW combi with which we started our travelling and I decided that the modern equivalent would fit the bill for a downsize. Decision made, I have just purchased a California (type?) from A1 campers in Oundle who are fairly local and have been very helpful in allowing me to reach a decision on what to buy. It's 2014 model year with 177 H.P. and DSG gearbox. The only other thing I know about it is it's Bluemotion and the colour is Olimpia blue metallic. I think that it is officially designated as a 2.0BiTDi Bluemotion Tech SE 180 4 door DSG.
Having made the purchase, I am now in the process of discovering what I have bought! If I knew how to take photos and post them I could let you see it!
The club forums have been invaluable in informing me of essential kit, a mattress topper and Ikea gubbins being top of the list.
I am looking forward to getting out and about and as much as anything else, being able to squeeze under those damned height barriers.

Hi and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy your new van.
In short, you have something like this:
IMGP5649.JPG
But: 180hp, 4-motion, Bluemotion Technology, DSG

Thanks. I hope in due course to be parking in similar locations!

Thanks. I hope in due course to be parking in similar locations!
It was not for camping. It was just to take a little walk, but it happened to be with the beautiful view over the Causses near the Viaduc de Millau.

Back