Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID. Buzz. We've done it!

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Forgive my ignorance.
Surely given the weight of EVs, Volkswagen have accounted for heavy vehicles on the MEB platform.
Would it not just be a case of up-rating spring and suspension loads…?
If it were that simple they would do it, but I bet there has to be some homologation process to complete and thats exceptionally expensive.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Having just learnt I've lost my Buzz brother, "soulstyedevon" for reasons I fully understand, I thought I'd investigate the sanity of embarking on what for me was only intended to be a short term relationship before our new Cali arrives in the spring.
It seems that the First Edition Buzz was a bargain, if you can call a five seater van that in the real world will only do 200 miles on a charge, if you're lucky, and costs £ 63,500, a bargain!
Ten days ago we paid £63,485 for our Buzz. Not a discount in sight but we did get a nice key ring. The equivalent vehicle on the configurator today works out at about £67,000. We paid £1800 for the two-tone paintwork option, that's now been increased to £2790, similar to the Cali option.
What a difference 10 days make.

Cwcltd

Cwcltd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Disclaimer is this isn't my new van, but a loan vehicle from VW Hereford whilst my Cali is with them for the morning; first impressions are; great external and interior design, quiet, nice to drive and spacious (boot seems huge). VW guys said the range in this current cold weather is below 200 miles. They've got a dark blue one in the showroom at about £64k.They also have a dark red new Ocean at £80k.

L1002070.jpg

Last edited: