Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID. Buzz. We've done it!

Hopefully you made a profit!

Hopefully you made a profit!
No we didn't!
Although to be honest we thought there was a good chance we might make a profit, which we might have done if we hadn't kept and used it. In the end we made a £985 loss. Which for having the experience of owning and driving the Buzz for 3 months, I think was very good value. A lot cheaper than hiring a California for 3 months.

No we didn't!
Although to be honest we thought there was a good chance we might make a profit, which we might have done if we hadn't kept and used it. In the end we made a £985 loss. Which for having the experience of owning and driving the Buzz for 3 months, I think was very good value. A lot cheaper than hiring a California for 3 months.
Not bad at all! - £328 p/month for an MPV with no minimum term or mileage restrictions;

Hopefully they will release a LWB, Dual motor camper version in Buzz or Multivan form in the not so distant future.

(Although can't be really compared to Cali, as missing a few items such as bed etc. Do you remember the old VW tv Ad ..."looks like a Golf"..)

This one made me chuckle. Dutch but no translation needed.
After 20 years of ownership, this 75 year old biddy has decided now not to sell and wait for 204 4Motion to come, get it lowered and fit some 20" BBS wheels to match those on her 21 year old Golf Anniversary.20230505_113740.jpg

It's only guesswork, but my suspicion is that it is because it is a 4Motion with a diff lock. VW haven't been taking orders for 4Mo's for quite a considerable time, so hopefully, as it's been on order for 6 months they do intend building it.
Grand california 4motions have been arriving in UK in last few weeks, including mine ordered august 2022. So maybe the californias will too.

@soulstyledevon. Sorry for the delay in replying to your request for my views of our experience of Buzz life now we have sold.
FOR:-
1. The driving experience is wonderful. Love the one foot electric regenerative braking.
2. Stability courtesy of low centre of gravity.
3. Good visibility. Those big 'A' pillars are not a problem.
4. Instant torque available just when you need it, feels really quite quick.
5. Good build quality.
6. Loads of storage.
7. Comfortable seats, Better driving position than in Cali.
8. Feel good factor. It really does feel special driving the Buzz, not only the drive, Joe public love it. They smile at it, not you, the van! They wave, give you the thumbs up, take photos, shout out "I love it"
AGAINST:-
1. PRICE. You can buy a Porsche Macan for £10,000 less, or a California for £5,000 more.
A very expensive five seater car/van.
2. Size. It's really wide, I think 4"wider than a Cali. Makes finding a parking spot that doesn't induce parking anxiety difficult.
3. Possible deprecation. I think with any electric car you're buying soon to be yesterday's tech. The current Buzz will quite soon be followed with a 6/7 seater, possibly removable like in the Multivan, four wheel drive variant, glass roof, and hopefully a California version, which will reduce residuals of early versions.
Talking to dealers, sales are slower than expected after the initial hype feed orders. Will they do a Tesla and price future models at a more attractive price?
4. Manual doors. Agricultural, just not right on an electric Buzz.
5. Tyre replacement cost. I bet those wide 21" tyres are expensive, and coping with the the extra battery weight could be encouraged to disappear quickly,
6. Ours was a 1st Edition, which didn't have the option of the raised boot floor with storage, electric doors and tailgate. Options I'd have on a Buzz but not on a Cali.
RANGE:-
Last week we did a return trip from Watford to Hastings. 50% M25, 30% A roads, 20% cross country, a total of over 200 miles. Returned with 25% charge left after starting with 100% charge. No range anxiety on the final M25 leg. This equated to approx 3.2 miles per KWh. Sometimes we were getting 3.6, but this was at temp of 12° , with no aircon use.
WOULD I HAVE ANOTHER BUZZ?
Probably yes, I already miss it, once we've had another period with a Cali (If and when it comes), but by then I might be entering the Nissan Micra phase of life.

@soulstyledevon. Sorry for the delay in replying to your request for my views of our experience of Buzz life now we have sold.
FOR:-
1. The driving experience is wonderful. Love the one foot electric regenerative braking.
2. Stability courtesy of low centre of gravity.
3. Good visibility. Those big 'A' pillars are not a problem.
4. Instant torque available just when you need it, feels really quite quick.
5. Good build quality.
6. Loads of storage.
7. Comfortable seats, Better driving position than in Cali.
8. Feel good factor. It really does feel special driving the Buzz, not only the drive, Joe public love it. They smile at it, not you, the van! They wave, give you the thumbs up, take photos, shout out "I love it"
AGAINST:-
1. PRICE. You can buy a Porsche Macan for £10,000 less, or a California for £5,000 more.
A very expensive five seater car/van.
2. Size. It's really wide, I think 4"wider than a Cali. Makes finding a parking spot that doesn't induce parking anxiety difficult.
3. Possible deprecation. I think with any electric car you're buying soon to be yesterday's tech. The current Buzz will quite soon be followed with a 6/7 seater, possibly removable like in the Multivan, four wheel drive variant, glass roof, and hopefully a California version, which will reduce residuals of early versions.
Talking to dealers, sales are slower than expected after the initial hype feed orders. Will they do a Tesla and price future models at a more attractive price?
4. Manual doors. Agricultural, just not right on an electric Buzz.
5. Tyre replacement cost. I bet those wide 21" tyres are expensive, and coping with the the extra battery weight could be encouraged to disappear quickly,
6. Ours was a 1st Edition, which didn't have the option of the raised boot floor with storage, electric doors and tailgate. Options I'd have on a Buzz but not on a Cali.
RANGE:-
Last week we did a return trip from Watford to Hastings. 50% M25, 30% A roads, 20% cross country, a total of over 200 miles. Returned with 25% charge left after starting with 100% charge. No range anxiety on the final M25 leg. This equated to approx 3.2 miles per KWh. Sometimes we were getting 3.6, but this was at temp of 12° , with no aircon use.
WOULD I HAVE ANOTHER BUZZ?
Probably yes, I already miss it, once we've had another period with a Cali (If and when it comes), but by then I might be entering the Nissan Micra phase of life.

On reflection, it does seem insanely expensive. They’ve done a good job, but not quite good enough. Proofs in the pudding, when a die hard Volks-van fan cancels his order so late in the game. I’m sure plenty of others have followed suit too.
I sort of feel like I’ve dodged a bullet, but I do miss owning a compact Campervan.

Had that Buzz been £15k cheaper, I would have kept my order. It’s such a shame…

VOLKSWAGEN USA NEWS.
3-Row ID. Buzz World Premiere by Volkswagen of America.
2 June at 17.25. World Premiere at the first ever International Volkswagen Bus Day.

VOLKSWAGEN USA NEWS.
2 June at 17.25. World Premiere at the first ever International Volkswagen Bus Day.

An even bigger Buzz…???

VOLKSWAGEN USA NEWS.

IMG_4940.jpeg

16 25 Friday, one hour to go. World Premiere, l'm well excited.

Back