Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Impatient new member from Warrington.

Boomer

Boomer

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Morning all.

Recently joined the group to search out advice on discounts etc before we finally placed our deposit on a new Coast last week with SMG in Tonbridge who were happy to match the DtD discount.

We'd been talking about a camper for years and were always put off by the cost. But if the last 18 months has taught us anything, it's not to delay things you want to do. With that in mind, we're also in the final stages of adopting a rescue lurcher to join my wife and son in the van.

Already plotting first few trips away, as well as constantly changing the spec of the vehicle which I assume is standard procedure for everyone until the build slot is confirmed!

Lots of really helpful info to read on here to help pass the time until delivery sometime next year! I will keep digesting It all and will try not to keeping adding to the list of things I "need" for the van ...

Morning all.

Recently joined the group to search out advice on discounts etc before we finally placed our deposit on a new Coast last week with SMG in Tonbridge who were happy to match the DtD discount.

We'd been talking about a camper for years and were always put off by the cost. But if the last 18 months has taught us anything, it's not to delay things you want to do. With that in mind, we're also in the final stages of adopting a rescue lurcher to join my wife and son in the van.

Already plotting first few trips away, as well as constantly changing the spec of the vehicle which I assume is standard procedure for everyone until the build slot is confirmed!

Lots of really helpful info to read on here to help pass the time until delivery sometime next year! I will keep digesting It all and will try not to keeping adding to the list of things I "need" for the van ...
:welcome

Morning all.

Welcome to the forum! They're so friendly and helpful.

Welcome and hello from a fellow Warringtonian (not sure what name we're supposed to call ourselves but I grew up there, now living in Wigan). I've only ever bought 2nd hand or a demo vehicle but I bet i'd be a nightmare changing the spec and i don't blame you, that's half the fun of the purchase right? :D

Welcome and hello from a fellow Warringtonian (not sure what name we're supposed to call ourselves but I grew up there, now living in Wigan). I've only ever bought 2nd hand or a demo vehicle but I bet i'd be a nightmare changing the spec and i don't blame you, that's half the fun of the purchase right? :D
It was fun but it's now stressful. I need an adult to just sort it out for me!

Morning all.

Welcome! Great you got that discount, what kind of spec changes are on your mind?

Welcome! Great you got that discount, what kind of spec changes are on your mind?
Thinking of optioning in the 3 zone climate control. We've currently ordered the two tone paint as well but thinking about changing to white and wrapping instead (the saving would pay for the climate control and potentially a couple of other bits and bobs I don't really need!).

Thinking of optioning in the 3 zone climate control. We've currently ordered the two tone paint as well but thinking about changing to white and wrapping instead (the saving would pay for the climate control and potentially a couple of other bits and bobs I don't really need!).
We’ve got tri zone in ours and it’s a life saver in the summer with our little one in the back.

Think that's a good plan, I've done the same (candy white, will maybe wrap the bottom half in the future)

hi @Boomer
Im south Warrington if you want to nip over and have a look around and ask questions etc please feel free you are more than welcome just let me know :thumb

We find Climate control is a must with dogs and of course any passengers in the back.

We’ve got tri zone in ours and it’s a life saver in the summer with our little one in the back.
Just bare in mind, when they get big enough the can reach it themselves … and turn it on full blast on and off ALL THE WAY DOWN THE MOTORWAY not saying that’s a problem or anything …

hi @Boomer
Im south Warrington if you want to nip over and have a look around and ask questions etc please feel free you are more than welcome just let me know :thumb
That would be incredibly helpful. Thank you. Whilst we can still alter the order it would be good to know what works for you on the Cali, and then what accessories you take on trips etc. We're away at the moment so perhaps I could pm you when back. Thanks again

Just bare in mind, when they get big enough the can reach it themselves … and turn it on full blast on and off ALL THE WAY DOWN THE MOTORWAY not saying that’s a problem or anything …
As long as it doesn't affect where I'm sat!!

We’re in the next town from you!
Like anything in life, don’t overthink it.
Those extras Will mean very little when you’re sat outside drinking a beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re in the next town from you!
Like anything in life, don’t overthink it.
Those extras Will mean very little when you’re sat outside drinking a beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very wise, beer does solve all things. Or tea.

Morning all.

Hi and welcome. We ordered our Ocean from there last month. We dealt with Martin

Hi and welcome. We ordered our Ocean from there last month. We dealt with Martin
We dealt with Martin as well. Completely different attitude to some other dealers I called who shut down immediately when I uttered the word "discount". Martin was happy to work with me to get to a price I was happy with. He can't change delivery dates though!

Morning all.

Things you need for the van never stops, always new things and great ideas, one thing that’s always good the fly screens depending on when and where you go. Awnings are great. I found it a bit like having my children initially you had everything you could possibly think of just in case, as time moves on this becomes refined and trip specific, we have a few setups, with kids and then no kids (wine in fridge) then hook up and no hook up so it’s part of the experience of getting to know your van and covering all your own requirements