Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Information about Cali Ocean 6.1 refridgerator

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all, Britrish newbie here, waiting for our California Ocean 6.1 in Switzerland (should be here in a week or so)!
I have a question about the standard fridge. I'm guessing this is 12v only driven from the leisure batteries? I once owned a horrible Yank motorhome that had a huge fridge that had 3-way power, Gas, 220v and 12v. Does hooking up to 220v on site take over powering the fridge, either by keeping the leisure batteries charged or directly?
Richard

yes correct if you are plugged in the fridge will work off the leisure batteries that will be charging all the time

Hi all, Britrish newbie here, waiting for our California Ocean 6.1 in Switzerland (should be here in a week or so)!
I have a question about the standard fridge. I'm guessing this is 12v only driven from the leisure batteries? I once owned a horrible Yank motorhome that had a huge fridge that had 3-way power, Gas, 220v and 12v. Does hooking up to 220v on site take over powering the fridge, either by keeping the leisure batteries charged or directly?
Richard
The fridge is 12v only. On EHU you just charge the Leisure Batteries that run the fridge.
Likewise the Diesel Parking Heater and 300w Inverter. All run from the Leisure Batteries.

On EHU there is one 230v mains socket, on the end of the kitchen unit, that is only live on EHU.

Back