Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Infotainment system jumpy & glitchy

Scaliwag

Scaliwag

I was born under a wandering star.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Have just replaced the 2 dead batteries after a long period of Covid lockdowns & no use. The batteries are fine but the infotainment system is acting very irrationally. It’s constantly beeping & changing screens & positions in the GPS. Have tried turning it on & off a few times, removed the GPS card but nothing seems to help.
Has anyone experienced this before & if so is there a solution /fix please.
It’s a 2016 T6 Ocean.
Thanks…

The T6 system has a known issue with certain suffix units.

the following is a statement from SatNavSytems Chertsey.(very very helpful company)

“The most common issue we are still seeing is the touch screen issues with the VW Discover Media and Composition Media PQ systems in T6 models. It would appear that every single one of them manufactured between August/September 2015 and April/May 2017 will have this issue sooner or later.
This also true with other VW models (Scirocco, Sharan, Beetle, Golf Cabriolet) as well as Skoda Yeti and Seat Alhambra models manufactured in the same period.

I am pleased to say that we now have a 100% guaranteed fix for this issue which we can complete in under 90 minutes.”

various VWCC members have used this company to fix their problems

The T6 system has a known issue with certain suffix units.

the following is a statement from SatNavSytems Chertsey.(very very helpful company)

“The most common issue we are still seeing is the touch screen issues with the VW Discover Media and Composition Media PQ systems in T6 models. It would appear that every single one of them manufactured between August/September 2015 and April/May 2017 will have this issue sooner or later.
This also true with other VW models (Scirocco, Sharan, Beetle, Golf Cabriolet) as well as Skoda Yeti and Seat Alhambra models manufactured in the same period.

I am pleased to say that we now have a 100% guaranteed fix for this issue which we can complete in under 90 minutes.”

various VWCC members have used this company to fix their problems

Thank you for this information. Have you any idea of costings on this “fix”?

Thank you for this information. Have you any idea of costings on this “fix”?
I have no idea, presumably the cost would be based on what is wrong with your unit.
if you contact them I’m sure they will let you know the likely cost.

I sure will, thanks again

Any luck with this? Seem to have the same issue.

Hi, it’s been quite a while & the problem is still there & has got steadily worse (affecting more than just the navigation). I did contact SatNavSytems Chertsey as was kindly recommended but, for me, the estimated cost was prohibitive so I haven’t perused it. Instead, I always use my phone for navigation & music. SatNavSytems Chertsey were polite & helpful with my enquiry but you’ll have to forgive me for forgetting the price quoted back then. But suffice to say it was significant & if I do remember anything there wasn’t any assurance that it would definitely be fixed which would also result in a “checking /investigating” fee.
Sorry I can’t be more helpful but I would recommend that you call SatNavSytems Chertsey.
Regards…

Just to say my experience of the Satnav Systems was very good. The cost of having the unit repaired, was about 50% less than buying another brand (Pioneer or Alpine) neither of which can support all the information you find on the MFD (compass display) I find this display the easiest to look at quickly.

Just a short note below, of my experience.

As soon as I arrived Hamid came out to greet me and within minutes diagnosed the fault on my VW Head Unit.
He explained the problem in enough detail for me to understand what had happened. This gave me so much confidence that I gave the go-ahead, immediately to agree to the free of charge quote for the system to be repaired.

I was most surprised that the repair could be completed within 2 hours while you wait for service! I was going to walk into town but the waiting room and the coffee made me feel very comfortable. In-fact, it took less than two hours!

Not only was it repaired 100%, the software was completely upgraded so the system worked better than ever. Hamid gave me a complete demonstration of the system and also programmed some facilities that I would make the unit easier for me to use.

A 12 month warranty is also included.

The whole experience was so efficient and friendly.

Just to say my experience of the Satnav Systems was very good. The cost of having the unit repaired, was about 50% less than buying another brand (Pioneer or Alpine) neither of which can support all the information you find on the MFD (compass display) I find this display the easiest to look at quickly.

Just a short note below, of my experience.

As soon as I arrived Hamid came out to greet me and within minutes diagnosed the fault on my VW Head Unit.
He explained the problem in enough detail for me to understand what had happened. This gave me so much confidence that I gave the go-ahead, immediately to agree to the free of charge quote for the system to be repaired.

I was most surprised that the repair could be completed within 2 hours while you wait for service! I was going to walk into town but the waiting room and the coffee made me feel very comfortable. In-fact, it took less than two hours!

Not only was it repaired 100%, the software was completely upgraded so the system worked better than ever. Hamid gave me a complete demonstration of the system and also programmed some facilities that I would make the unit easier for me to use.

A 12 month warranty is also included.

The whole experience was so efficient and friendly.
Great to hear of good service & a good functioning unit. What was the price of the repair & upgrade?

Back