Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka second skins?

Wild Bob

Wild Bob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I had no instructions but had no problems, all very straightforward. I don’t recall the plate you refer to?
It's thin sheet running along the seat part of the rear cover so will be fitted up to the opening drawer under the seat !

Elmo the Ocean

Elmo the Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Not with my Cali at the moment but I think it tucks underneath between the seat and the top of the drawer frame to keep the cover in place?

Walrus

Walrus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
As above. Shove it between seat and drawer. It puzzled me too but it was was obvious once I tried.

Wild Bob

Wild Bob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
As above. Shove it between seat and drawer. It puzzled me too but it was was obvious once I tried.
Had to stop due to the rain, but been having a look and yes I think it slides between seat and drawer. Thanks for your help.

M&J

M&J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Had to stop due to the rain, but been having a look and yes I think it slides between seat and drawer. Thanks for your help.
Where did you fit the loops with the velcro at the back of the seat part of the rear cover? There are about 5 of them

Wild Bob

Wild Bob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Where did you fit the loops with the velcro at the back of the seat part of the rear cover? There are about 5 of them
I have had to leave them hanging as I cannot understand where and how they fasten !!

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Been meaning to post something about these, personally not over impressed with INKA, bought them through their ebay store, said 9 of the blue colourway in stock delivery 48 hours, ordered Friday, got confirmation email advising delivery Tuesday - Wednesday the following week. Several phone calls later discovered they were just being made. We had ordered them so there was time for them to arrive before we went on holiday. They arrived almost 2 weeks after placing the order, just time to fit before we went off.

There were no instructions, they forgot to include the cushions.
For the price not impressed with the finish as there were a lot of loose threads showing and seams are not overlocked or taped.

The bar on the front of the rear seat squab was not easy to get it to stay in place, and I had several phone conversations with their staff about how to get it fitted and they also told me how to fit the front seat covers.

I am still contemplating drilling some holes in the bar so I can use a cord to fasten it to the seat frame to pull it tight and stop it moving. The velcro straps were ok to fit when i realised taking the 'jack box' out and 'potholing' under the seat was easiest.

I was advised that to fit the front seat back you push the bulbous edge under the plastic trip at the rear of the seat. and likewise to hold the seat pad in place. it looked reasonable at first, until we went to turn the seat. their fitting method for the seat pad has flexed the plastic trims on the side of the seat so they scrape on part of the runner assembly as you rotate the chair, and the back rest cover pops out. Having said that the front seat covers do stay in place despite having popped out at the back.
I would have much preferred their design to be the more common method of a pair of big flaps you post through and attach to each other with some velcro. (even our old £15 lidl set did that and never moved)

Fitted they generally looked good to go on holiday, the headrest covers could be a bit better, but no cushions. I spoke to them again and they said they would get some dispatched straight away, I asked them if they could delay sending them as we would be away for 3 weeks, and were leaving the next day. We agreed on a dispatch date that was after we returned. Day 2 on holiday we received an email from the courier saying they were delivering the cushions the following day, thankfully they have a holiday holding option.

Wild Bob

Wild Bob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Been meaning to post something about these, personally not over impressed with INKA, bought them through their ebay store, said 9 of the blue colourway in stock delivery 48 hours, ordered Friday, got confirmation email advising delivery Tuesday - Wednesday the following week. Several phone calls later discovered they were just being made. We had ordered them so there was time for them to arrive before we went on holiday. They arrived almost 2 weeks after placing the order, just time to fit before we went off.

There were no instructions, they forgot to include the cushions.
For the price not impressed with the finish as there were a lot of loose threads showing and seams are not overlocked or taped.

The bar on the front of the rear seat squab was not easy to get it to stay in place, and I had several phone conversations with their staff about how to get it fitted and they also told me how to fit the front seat covers.

I am still contemplating drilling some holes in the bar so I can use a cord to fasten it to the seat frame to pull it tight and stop it moving. The velcro straps were ok to fit when i realised taking the 'jack box' out and 'potholing' under the seat was easiest.

I was advised that to fit the front seat back you push the bulbous edge under the plastic trip at the rear of the seat. and likewise to hold the seat pad in place. it looked reasonable at first, until we went to turn the seat. their fitting method for the seat pad has flexed the plastic trims on the side of the seat so they scrape on part of the runner assembly as you rotate the chair, and the back rest cover pops out. Having said that the front seat covers do stay in place despite having popped out at the back.
I would have much preferred their design to be the more common method of a pair of big flaps you post through and attach to each other with some velcro. (even our old £15 lidl set did that and never moved)

Fitted they generally looked good to go on holiday, the headrest covers could be a bit better, but no cushions. I spoke to them again and they said they would get some dispatched straight away, I asked them if they could delay sending them as we would be away for 3 weeks, and were leaving the next day. We agreed on a dispatch date that was after we returned. Day 2 on holiday we received an email from the courier saying they were delivering the cushions the following day, thankfully they have a holiday holding option.
My seat covers had no issues regarding loose threads etc I agree headrest covers could be better too. I found it very difficult to attach the plastic clip on metal rail under the front seats, then when I wanted to rotate the drivers seat it would only turn a few degrees then stop. Not sure if the cover was fowling but could not see anything. Anyway I managed to get it back to the correct position but since then not tried to rotate it to see if it's the same.

I am ok with the covers as we did not was to pay the much higher costs for the Cali shop second skin GTI seat covers, we have spent enough bloody money to-date lol.

B

be1t0n

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
where are you meant to attach the hook under the front seat? Thought I’d done it correctly but managed to rip it off turning the seat.

Wild Bob

Wild Bob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
where are you meant to attach the hook under the front seat? Thought I’d done it correctly but managed to rip it off turning the seat.
there is a bar running side to side about 25mm dia it hooks onto that. Can be difficult pushing it back to fit on but it will do it

K

Kernowboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It just clips over the top of the plastic trim behind the turn lever. It's tight and looks to work as designed; it's a common securing method. Phot below may help. Not sure what metal bar is being spoken about above but as far as I can see anywhere else accessible won't turn with seat and thus will either rip the cover or stop the seat rotating more than a few degrees.
image.jpeg

B

be1t0n

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Right. I’ll have another pop in the morning and will need to repair one of them. The bar is fitted it to was part of the base.

Our Partners