Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka second skins?

Where did you fit the loops with the velcro at the back of the seat part of the rear cover? There are about 5 of them
I have had to leave them hanging as I cannot understand where and how they fasten !!

Been meaning to post something about these, personally not over impressed with INKA, bought them through their ebay store, said 9 of the blue colourway in stock delivery 48 hours, ordered Friday, got confirmation email advising delivery Tuesday - Wednesday the following week. Several phone calls later discovered they were just being made. We had ordered them so there was time for them to arrive before we went on holiday. They arrived almost 2 weeks after placing the order, just time to fit before we went off.

There were no instructions, they forgot to include the cushions.
For the price not impressed with the finish as there were a lot of loose threads showing and seams are not overlocked or taped.

The bar on the front of the rear seat squab was not easy to get it to stay in place, and I had several phone conversations with their staff about how to get it fitted and they also told me how to fit the front seat covers.

I am still contemplating drilling some holes in the bar so I can use a cord to fasten it to the seat frame to pull it tight and stop it moving. The velcro straps were ok to fit when i realised taking the 'jack box' out and 'potholing' under the seat was easiest.

I was advised that to fit the front seat back you push the bulbous edge under the plastic trip at the rear of the seat. and likewise to hold the seat pad in place. it looked reasonable at first, until we went to turn the seat. their fitting method for the seat pad has flexed the plastic trims on the side of the seat so they scrape on part of the runner assembly as you rotate the chair, and the back rest cover pops out. Having said that the front seat covers do stay in place despite having popped out at the back.
I would have much preferred their design to be the more common method of a pair of big flaps you post through and attach to each other with some velcro. (even our old £15 lidl set did that and never moved)

Fitted they generally looked good to go on holiday, the headrest covers could be a bit better, but no cushions. I spoke to them again and they said they would get some dispatched straight away, I asked them if they could delay sending them as we would be away for 3 weeks, and were leaving the next day. We agreed on a dispatch date that was after we returned. Day 2 on holiday we received an email from the courier saying they were delivering the cushions the following day, thankfully they have a holiday holding option.

Been meaning to post something about these, personally not over impressed with INKA, bought them through their ebay store, said 9 of the blue colourway in stock delivery 48 hours, ordered Friday, got confirmation email advising delivery Tuesday - Wednesday the following week. Several phone calls later discovered they were just being made. We had ordered them so there was time for them to arrive before we went on holiday. They arrived almost 2 weeks after placing the order, just time to fit before we went off.

There were no instructions, they forgot to include the cushions.
For the price not impressed with the finish as there were a lot of loose threads showing and seams are not overlocked or taped.

The bar on the front of the rear seat squab was not easy to get it to stay in place, and I had several phone conversations with their staff about how to get it fitted and they also told me how to fit the front seat covers.

I am still contemplating drilling some holes in the bar so I can use a cord to fasten it to the seat frame to pull it tight and stop it moving. The velcro straps were ok to fit when i realised taking the 'jack box' out and 'potholing' under the seat was easiest.

I was advised that to fit the front seat back you push the bulbous edge under the plastic trip at the rear of the seat. and likewise to hold the seat pad in place. it looked reasonable at first, until we went to turn the seat. their fitting method for the seat pad has flexed the plastic trims on the side of the seat so they scrape on part of the runner assembly as you rotate the chair, and the back rest cover pops out. Having said that the front seat covers do stay in place despite having popped out at the back.
I would have much preferred their design to be the more common method of a pair of big flaps you post through and attach to each other with some velcro. (even our old £15 lidl set did that and never moved)

Fitted they generally looked good to go on holiday, the headrest covers could be a bit better, but no cushions. I spoke to them again and they said they would get some dispatched straight away, I asked them if they could delay sending them as we would be away for 3 weeks, and were leaving the next day. We agreed on a dispatch date that was after we returned. Day 2 on holiday we received an email from the courier saying they were delivering the cushions the following day, thankfully they have a holiday holding option.
My seat covers had no issues regarding loose threads etc I agree headrest covers could be better too. I found it very difficult to attach the plastic clip on metal rail under the front seats, then when I wanted to rotate the drivers seat it would only turn a few degrees then stop. Not sure if the cover was fowling but could not see anything. Anyway I managed to get it back to the correct position but since then not tried to rotate it to see if it's the same.

I am ok with the covers as we did not was to pay the much higher costs for the Cali shop second skin GTI seat covers, we have spent enough bloody money to-date lol.

where are you meant to attach the hook under the front seat? Thought I’d done it correctly but managed to rip it off turning the seat.

where are you meant to attach the hook under the front seat? Thought I’d done it correctly but managed to rip it off turning the seat.
there is a bar running side to side about 25mm dia it hooks onto that. Can be difficult pushing it back to fit on but it will do it

It just clips over the top of the plastic trim behind the turn lever. It's tight and looks to work as designed; it's a common securing method. Phot below may help. Not sure what metal bar is being spoken about above but as far as I can see anywhere else accessible won't turn with seat and thus will either rip the cover or stop the seat rotating more than a few degrees.
image.jpeg

Right. I’ll have another pop in the morning and will need to repair one of them. The bar is fitted it to was part of the base.

Has anybody tried fitting the Inka second-skin covers to Leather/Alacantara seats?

Has anybody tried fitting the Inka second-skin covers to Leather/Alacantara seats?
Why? Tell me to mind my own business if you wish but isn't the point of leather/alcantara that it is hard wearing and easy to maintain in as new condition? Why pay all that money only to cover it up? I can see the point of second covers over fabric seats but not leather/alcantara.

BTW, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the chances are that your seats are in fact faux leather/alcantara. VW quietly dropped the leather element in their seat covers some time ago. They now use some form of leather look vinyl. Buy a Caravelle and you can have nappa leather seat facings, buy a Cali and alas, you can't! :(

Thanks for that Borris.

We have just bought our first Cali Ocean from new. VW dealerships have been told to clear their current stock to make way for the new T6.1 Californias. We got a fantastic deal (over 20% off list price), but the one we bought already had faux leather/alcantara in moonrock grey. The exterior and interior have been treated with Gardx, so I'm assuming that it will be hard wearing and easy to maintain. However, it is very light grey and just wanting something more pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for that Borris.

We have just bought our first Cali Ocean from new. VW dealerships have been told to clear their current stock to make way for the new T6.1 Californias. We got a fantastic deal (over 20% off list price), but the one we bought already had faux leather/alcantara in moonrock grey. The exterior and interior have been treated with Gardx, so I'm assuming that it will be hard wearing and easy to maintain. However, it is very light grey and just wanting something more pleasing to the eye.
Hi Carl,
Our first Cali was one of the last T5-1 SEs with actual leather/alcantara. That too was light coloured and remained in superb condition throughout our ownership. Any marks were easily removed with a wet wipe. We did have that van coated with Autoglym Lifeshine treatment when new, including the seats. I do think you have done the right thing by having your seats coated as well as it stops any spills doing too much damage and makes it much easier to clean up. Any liquid just remains as surface droplets.
If you don't like the light colour and fancy someting different then I can see your point. That's the only problem with buying "off the peg", there is always the odd compromise or two to be made. I can't see any reason why second skins wouldn't fit perfectly over your seats.

Congratulations on your new van. I hope you have many memorable adventures in it.

We have the Inka second skin covers are really happy with them

I got in touch with Inka a while back regarding the fitting of the covers. They don't come with any actual instructions. They actually sent me this PDF to show how they should be fitted. Should help you avoid having 300 dangly straps.

Attachments

• INK-LIF-DBL.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 182
I got in touch with Inka a while back regarding the fitting of the covers. They don't come with any actual instructions. They actually sent me this PDF to show how they should be fitted. Should help you avoid having 300 dangly straps.
Thanks for putting these instructions on here saved them and will fix the straps under the back seat now

Awesome! Just wish these instructions had been delivered with the product... or could be found on Inkas web site. Either way, thanks!

Yes I bought these seat covers and fine it strange they don't include fitting instructions with the product. Happy with them but it's a shame to cover up the lovely finished Ocean original seats but not very practical are they.

I’ve just bought these actually and am waiting for them to be delivered. Can’t say I’m relishing the thought of fitting them given the feedback, but will give it a go and report back! Apparently a 2-3 week wait for delivery...

Yes I fancy some of these too - maybe a joint Christmas present to us both - they look better than the stocl covers (and supposedly the same material)

I’ve just bought these actually and am waiting for them to be delivered. Can’t say I’m relishing the thought of fitting them given the feedback, but will give it a go and report back! Apparently a 2-3 week wait for delivery...

I hope you managed to take advantage of the recent eBay offer? They were priced higher than their website but 20% off brought it to £350..

We bought late last year great product and not really that difficult to fit.

I hope you managed to take advantage of the recent eBay offer? They were priced higher than their website but 20% off brought it to £350..
I sure didn’t take advantage of that discount! I paid just under £400, which seemed good before I knew there was a discount available! you live and learn!

That’s the second skins finally arrived, sans instructions (as expected)! Hoping to get at least some of them fitted tomorrow so wish me luck! I notice the instructions posted earlier are only for the back bench, so hoping that’s because the front seats are so straightforward...! Will report back on progress!

That’s the second skins finally arrived, sans instructions (as expected)! Hoping to get at least some of them fitted tomorrow so wish me luck! I notice the instructions posted earlier are only for the back bench, so hoping that’s because the front seats are so straightforward...! Will report back on progress!

When did you order? I placed my order on 15/11 and nothing yet. Have chased once but will be a bit more direct this time I think.