Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inspiration for 4’ish weeks in northern Spain

M

MrsW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The ferry is booked and I’m starting to look at a potential options on what to do and where to stay etc….

Any recommendations on blogs, YouTube, sites gratefully received to help with the fun

Espot is a stunning place to visit in the Pyrenees, great walks and there’s landrover off-road tours.
Campsite is nice right at the bottom of mountain there’s a few to choose from.

Excellent! Great area. Wish more folks asked and also replied to this type of question - I’m sure many would benefit from destination ideas.

Rick Stein did a series there which we tried to follow the journey of. You may be able to get it on catch up tv for more ideas. Echoing 4x4 Joker’s comments the mountains looked amazing.

Depending on what you like doing San Sebastián may be worth a stop, it’s a beautiful lively colonial style town in a lovely bay with a host of Tapas bars each with their own specialty. Surprisingly inexpensive for a fairly unique experience. There are a couple of campsites on the hill above and buses run regularly (albeit to a timetable seemingly known only to the drivers). A three Michelin star restaurant within walking distance of the campsite we stayed at - shout if you want me to see if I can dig out the name of the place we stayed which was nice. The details are on www.searchforsites.co.uk Both of them look well rated and there are other local options depending on what you’re looking for.

The weather on the north coast is quite changeable and turned for for the worse when we were there. Fortunately the beauty of a campervan holiday meant our we could keep our plans fluid and so we headed into the Rioja region. Following a recommendation from a great restaurant in the regions capital Logroño we chanced upon Laguardia (same spelling as the NY airport) an amazing ancient village built into the huge wall around it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Sebastián

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laguardia,_Álava

Have a great trip in a lovely area - hope to hear how you got on as we’d like to explore further in the region

I live here so I can give you advice on what to visit in Aragonese Pyrenees. If you comment about your interests I can give further information (e.g. hiking routes depending on your level, back country skiing, where to eat, camp sites open, points of interest, sights, etc.).

* Hecho, Ansó, Siresa
Aguas Tuertas is mandatory
Siresa's Monastery
Eat in any "Borda". I recommend Borda Bisaltico, inside the camp site.

* Sallent de Gallego, Panticosa, Balneario de Panticosa
The longest zip line in Europe https://tirolinavalledetena.com/

* Torla, Broto
Bujaruelo valley
Ordesa National Park, mandatory.

* Escuaín, Tella Sin, Saravillo, Plan
Buy cheese in Saravillo.

* Benasque
Hospital de Benasque, llanos del hospital, La Besurta.

Guara is also nice to see, Nocito, Rodellar, Janovas and its history, Fiscal (eat in Casa Frauca).

Graus and Ainsa also worth a stop.

Back