Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance limit abroad/time away.

Not much then. Surprised really.
They tend to treat it as a purely Leisure Vehicle, like a “ Motorhome “, not used for anything but summer holidays.
My neighbour who owns a largish Motorhome left Comfort because of that restriction. He works from home as a financial guru and has fitted out the Motorhome so he can travel and work all over Europe and was clocking up the miles and they wouldn’t accommodate the milage he wanted.

What was the max?
I asked for 25000 miles with comfort and got it. They have separate Campervan and Motorhome policies. I am insured on the motorhome policy for my Cali, which gives the 9 months continental cover. Their Campervan policy has a shorter continuous trip European cover duration, and may have a lower mileage limit too.

I asked for 25000 miles with comfort and got it. They have separate Campervan and Motorhome policies. I am insured on the motorhome policy for my Cali, which gives the 9 months continental cover. Their Campervan policy has a shorter continuous trip European cover duration, and may have a lower mileage limit too.
Unsure on details but it’s definitely 9 mth cover I got..

Unsure on details but it’s definitely 9 mth cover I got..
It is their motorhome policy then. It’s worth noting that they don’t offer proper full timer instance (e.g. if you have no U.K. permanent address) to campervans but they do for motorhomes. Not sure about MPV’s :)

Yes its motorhome, also they dont want to know what ncd you have built up! They don’t factor it in but you can still protect it if its your only policy (you cant apply ncd to 2 vehicles) so thats a huge bonus for me.

Yes its motorhome, also they dont want to know what ncd you have built up! They don’t factor it in but you can still protect it if its your only policy (you cant apply ncd to 2 vehicles) so thats a huge bonus for me.
Yes, I have 9 years NCD and my quote from comfort was around the same as that from another insurer who does take it into account. Which I think goes to show that it’s just an artificial incentive other companies use to stop you making a claim, and pay to protect.