Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance renewal for my Calli with AIB

Rich63

Rich63

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have just renewed my insurance with AIB & i need to share with the club what a pleasure it was dealing with them (which is no mean feat...i can be a grumpy old bugger i'm told.)
Chris, the chap who took my call was very helpful, took his time in explaining everything & made sure i had the CORRECT policy for my Calli SE 174.
The premium was good + £314:05 which includes European cover. The underwriters for my particular policy are LV, but Chris was quick to point out that they do use others too depending on your requirements etc.
I would strongly recommend that you try AIB if you're looking to renew your insurance.

I have just renewed my insurance with AIB & i need to share with the club what a pleasure it was dealing with them (which is no mean feat...i can be a grumpy old bugger i'm told.)
Chris, the chap who took my call was very helpful, took his time in explaining everything & made sure i had the CORRECT policy for my Calli SE 174.
The premium was good *+ £314:05 which includes European cover. The underwriters for my particular policy are LV, but Chris was quick to point out that they do use others too depending on your requirements etc.
I would strongly recommend that you try AIB if you're looking to renew your insurance.
Did you get confirmation that the policy covered the habitation equipment/area?

....Indeed i did, accidental damage to furniture & any water leaks from the sink, awning damage and accidental damage to the bellows, but not weather damage. I would guess that they would expect you to lower the roof if there was inclement weather.

...Also cutlery, cups, plates etc during transit so long as they are stowed away.

Also cutlery, cups, plates etc during transit so long as they are stowed away.
I can take my ming dinner set camping then. Thanks, @Rich63 for sharing your how you got on with AIB.

The premium was good *+ £314:05 which includes European cover. The underwriters for my particular policy are LV, but Chris was quick to point out that they do use others too depending on your requirements etc.

Thank you for your kind words which I will pass on to Chris, and many thanks for your business.

Leah Burt
AIB Insurance
02380 268351

As a result of your post, I decided to give AIB a go as part of my search for new quotes. Have to say that I agree 100% with you, they are excellent.

Previously with LV= and I paid £381 and renewal was £390-odd (with £400 excess). Got a quote from Comfort for £350'ish.

AIB called me and we had a very nice chat, after which she went to find the best quote. Came back with everything covered, including habitation area, for £328. The excess was only £200 as well.

All in all, excellent service, very, very friendly and I'm more than happy. :)

As a result of your post, I decided to give AIB a go as part of my search for new quotes. Have to say that I agree 100% with you, they are excellent.

Previously with LV= and I paid £381 and renewal was £390-odd (with £400 excess). Got a quote from Comfort for £350'ish.

AIB called me and we had a very nice chat, after which she went to find the best quote. Came back with everything covered, including habitation area, for £328. The excess was only £200 as well.

All in all, excellent service, very, very friendly and I'm more than happy. :)
morning, I too have taken out a policy with AIB and they have hooked me up with Aviva , but im a little worried as have no email confirmation and nothing in the post as yet? (it was only 2 days ago) is this your experience also?

I’m not with AIB but had an email from them today advising that the EU no longer requires UK drivers to have a Green Card.

FEE204FA-CF2E-4906-9468-F9211F5B5298.png

morning, I too have taken out a policy with AIB and they have hooked me up with Aviva , but im a little worried as have no email confirmation and nothing in the post as yet? (it was only 2 days ago) is this your experience also?
...have you had an e mail from AIB yet?

...have you had an e mail from AIB yet?
yes, thankfully. I now have all the policy documents and everything is fine and aside of that initial scare and after a lot of searching they have come up trumps

I’m not with AIB but had an email from them today advising that the EU no longer requires UK drivers to have a Green Card.

View attachment 81539

Yes, but the fact the EU does not require a Green Card, is only one half of the issue. You still need to check whether any extended trip in the EU or wherever is covered by your insurance company, for cover and in the event of a claim.