Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insuring a ‘modified’ Cali

P

Phild

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, I have recently lowered my T5 SE with a Bilstein B12 kit, changed the wheels for T6 18” sportline wheels, added chrome trapezoidal side bars and a sportline front splitter, Comfort want to load my policy by 15%. I have been insured with Comfort for the last 7 years and think they offer a good service, but should I be looking elsewhere for insuring my Cali?
Thanks

Hi, I have recently lowered my T5 SE with a Bilstein B12 kit, changed the wheels for T6 18” sportline wheels, added chrome trapezoidal side bars and a sportline front splitter, Comfort want to load my policy by 15%. I have been insured with Comfort for the last 7 years and think they offer a good service, but should I be looking elsewhere for insuring my Cali?
Thanks
You have increased the value of the vehicle?
You might get cheaper insurance elsewhere, but at least Comfort know what a California is and what it is used for.

Safeguard.
No additional cost with air suspension.
Added £30 when remap to 255PS.
I think that 1 mod is free 2 or more puts up the cost.

Welshgas - I think you are probably right, especially as I have just spotted the VIP discount!

BJG - I think you are right too, it was the number of mods that caused the issue. The wheels weren’t considered a mod, but the other 3 items tipped it into the category of needing an uplift.

One Insurer counted a Towbar as a mod. but then a trailer up to 750kgs is covered also.
Perhaps getting a new quote by telephone and advising of all extras might not be so costly.

Safeguard charged £25 for 20's, lowered B14s, light Revo remap (up to 15%), side skirts.

When I insured, listing my mods, they didn't state it was loading my policy. The renewal was more due to general increases, as they do, but shopped around and still managed to get it the same as the previous year. All insurers seem to have upped their prices this year.

Back