Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior cloth options.

P

Plinky

VIP Member
I'm nearly there....I have almost got every decision made about order specification now thanks to this forum. I just need to decide between Anthracite Cloth or Warm Grey...
It will be a silver van.

Any strong opinions either way? Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 14.22.42.png

anthrcite for us but at the end of the day you will never see it as you will cover them up with seat covers as soon as it arrives due to the crap material that VW use. We spilt some bottled spring water on ours and it stained , yes water :censor

anthracite for us. the other one looks dirty before you start.
we are having silver too and you live close to us. We're going to race you to purchase!

I need my sleep and after being on this forum all night I will struggle to beat you plinky. we're thinking you play piano - guess what computer i'm using?

I have ordered mine with warm grey because I think it looks somehow softer/less harsh. My Cali will be Toffee Brown though so I think the warm grey will coordinate better than the anthracite, whereas the anthracite would probably look better in a silver Cali.

I see you are in Bury, Plinky, so will you be ordering from John at Bury VW? That's where I ordered mine from and I have been really pleased with the service received so far (awaiting delivery in March).

Exciting day tomorrow then! Enjoy! :D

Maud

Yes, warm would go with the toffee very well Maud.
On that recommendation I might ask Bury VW if they want to quote me after getting the DTD quote.
Goodnight all. Hope your purchase goes well Plinky. I'll be dreaming of nets, glass and chrome.

A great nights 'foruming' and very useful. Thanks everyone for sharing...Good luck with the purchase acer, maybe we will all meet up around Bury sometime. Maud, I'm ordering from a dealer further south, but will probably get servicing done in Bury. I'm still undecided about interior. I'll sleep on it.

Kirk said:
anthrcite for us but at the end of the day you will never see it as you will cover them up with seat covers as soon as it arrives due to the crap material that VW use. We spilt some bottled spring water on ours and it stained , yes water :censor

100% agree... Get a proper leather retrim... best update you can do to the vehicle. We had ours done within a couple of months of purchase.

Can't understand why VW use this material in campers, the standard materials they use is their vans is MUCH more robust.

I wouldn't go for the VW standard "leather" options. It's actually Alcantara and vinyl (Or at least used to be). There are plenty of places that do leather, some even fully warranted and available through VW.

Good luck with the purchase and have fun. :)

Rgds

Mark

We ordered Warm Grey - candy white van.

When we saw the anthracite it just seemed there was a bit too much grey - grey floor, grey walls etc. and felt the interior needed a touch of colour to make it more cosy.

Having said that we also intend to use covers - the VW cloth feels very, very flimsy. Particularly for a vehicle designed to be used by outdoorsy types.

Back