T6 Interior Lights Options

G

gateway77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi
I have a question regarding the standard interior lights on the Ocean T6

It comes specified with "interior light Concept for Camper Comfort in passenger compartment"

Or you can have the option of

"4 standard interior lights with fluorescent tube in passenger compartment" - cost £114

The question is - does that add more lights to the normal offering or change the whole set-up for something else that doesn't sound very exciting to be honest.

I get the feeling that by selecting the cost option - it will actually give a lower grade lighting option and deselect the standard "concept Camper Comfort'. The dealer was struggling to confirm on this.

I have searched through the forum but can't quite find what I'm looking for - so any help appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Well the £114 option sounds like what is standard in my T5 (there were no options back then!)
Shame the dealer doesn't know though I'm not surprised. Perhaps try ringing another one? I'm sure T6 cali owners will be better informed and able to help you.

Hi

It comes specified with "interior light Concept for Camper Comfort in passenger compartment"

"4 standard interior lights with fluorescent tube in passenger compartment" - cost £114

The question is - does that add more lights to the normal offering or change the whole set-up for something else that doesn't sound very exciting to be honest.

I get the feeling that by selecting the cost option - it will actually give a lower grade lighting option and deselect the standard "concept Camper Comfort'. The dealer was struggling to confirm on this

I have searched through the forum but can't quite find what I'm looking for - so any help appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Welcome .We took delivery of our T6 Ocean June , think the options has changed since.
We were really pleased with the standard internal lights big improvement on the T5 . We have x5 lights in the cab plus the new dimmerable boot lights ( had to use a head torch in T5) & 2 dimmerable roof lights .
We don't like bright light & the option of fluorescent tube didn't appeal. Plenty of light in the cab, in fact my husband can only stand a few of them on. All 5 are too much.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies - thats confirms my thoughts that the cost option is probably a retrograde step to the standard spec. Confusing config set-up!
Appreciate the info.

Hi

I get the feeling that by selecting the cost option - it will actually give a lower grade lighting option and deselect the standard "concept Camper Comfort'. The dealer was struggling to confirm on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi gateway77
Additional Interior Lighting .....
I have finally received confirmation from VWCV regarding this option (9CE) on the T6 Ocean.
It adds 'mood lighting' to the front door pockets and foot-wells and to the rear-facing base of the driver/front passenger seats.
This information was originally provided to me by Guy Vincent
(VW-Preston) which he has since confirmed - having handed over a California with this option in early Nov '16.
Previously VWCV customer/brand support (and several dealers) were advising that by selecting this option the standard interior light concept for Camper, 'Comfort' in passenger compartment would be downgraded ie- deleted. This advice was/is incorrect.
The standard interior lighting remains (on the Ocean / option on the Beach) - and additional lighting 9CE is as described above.

Hi gateway77
Additional Interior Lighting .....
I have finally received confirmation from VWCV regarding this option (9CE) on the T6 Ocean.
It adds 'mood lighting' to the front door pockets and foot-wells and to the rear-facing base of the driver/front passenger seats.
This information was originally provided to me by Guy Vincent
(VW-Preston) which he has since confirmed - having handed over a California with this option in early Nov '16.
Previously VWCV customer/brand support (and several dealers) were advising that by selecting this option the standard interior light concept for Camper, 'Comfort' in passenger compartment would be downgraded ie- deleted. This advice was/is incorrect.
The standard interior lighting remains (on the Ocean / option on the Beach) - and additional lighting 9CE is as described above.
thanks for that bit of research - it makes more sense that it's an addition rather than a downgrading but shows that ordering a new Cali is a complicated business! :thanks

Back