Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal table leg wobbly

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
This morning I noticed that the table leg was wobbly where the black end slides out of the aluminium upper part. We then noticed that a tiny screw about 3 mm long had fallen out of the side of the aluminium leg close to the bottom. It has no head just a hollow which appears to be circular so there is nothing to screw it in with.
Mrs DoH's nimble fingers got it part way in and it seems to have got rid of the wobble.
I have covered it in duct tape but I have got to fix it properly (we are camping in France at the moment) can anyone help on this?
I have searched the Forums but could find nothing although I am sure that I read something recently.
Any help gratefully received.

Last edited:
The Torx screwdrivers will also come in handy for dismantling your laptop when Mrs DoH spills a cup of tea over it (if she's anything like Mrs DM that is).
:Nailbiting

It probably has something like a small Torx head on the screw.
A cheap set of fine Torx screwdrivers or fine Allen keys will probably do the job with maybe a dab of Glue as the final threads go in .

Like this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6PC-PERCI...585850?hash=item234c65a7ba:g:fpkAAOSwstxU8xO3

Often found in car or handyman stores.
Thanks Welshgas that will be my next port of call.
However, as we are currently sitting in the sun on the bank of te Ardeche I will need to checkout the supermarkets here first. They often have stuff like that. In the meantime my duck tape bodge will have to do.
Thanks also DM for your insightful comments which I have decided not to refer to Mrs DoH in the interests of my long term welfare